The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Gpu Usage Not Very Good (Gtx 650Ti Boost 2Gb)

Beatwapz

I havee been able to put up with this issue for awhile now and know its kinda really getting under my skin. 

Can someone please explane why when im at the "Home Screen"(a.k.a. Planet Select) GPu usage is around 50%+ and Memory usage is around 50%, when in game its at 14%-27% usage and video memory usage is around like 300mbs....I've done everything i can so far to trouble shoot the issue and nothing has worked if anything its made it worse. Any help would be greatly apprecated.

should leave adaptive vsync in the nvidia pannel on, that way it doesnt overcompensate and bottleneck itself. Expecailly if you only have a 60mhz monitor. By all means, turn it off in the game, but leave adaptive in the control pannel on. Person preference and all but i enjoy a stable 120fps -in literally every other game but warframe- compared to my framerate going all over the place because nvidia vsync is off.

No matter if its on or off if the in game settings are all on low or med or high, no matter the resolution(1920x1080, 1280x1024, 800x600) it will tank like crazy with the fps I even switch it to 32bit mode and disabled the dx11 for the game its getting frustrating now at this point. I called my Video Card vendor(ASUS) and talked to them about it and they said there should be no issue seeing as I am getting a constant 60-90+ across all current gen games (i.e. BF4, Crysis 3, BF3, all on med-high 1920x1080) My monitor is 144hz.

Edited by Beatwapz

I havee been able to put up with this issue for awhile now and know its kinda really getting under my skin. 

Can someone please explane why when im at the "Home Screen"(a.k.a. Planet Select) GPu usage is around 50%+ and Memory usage is around 50%, when in game its at 14%-27% usage and video memory usage is around like 300mbs....I've done everything i can so far to trouble shoot the issue and nothing has worked if anything its made it worse. Any help would be greatly apprecated.

50% is good, whats the problem?

That 50% is probably due to all the DX11 post processing FX you have running. Regardless of poly count, the post processing will eat up GPU time. No doubt your running 1080p aswell? try 720p and watch that GPU smile.

The menu loads/draws a shed load of sprite textures, and, quads (if its not quads, i want to know more ;)) for each letter of text. All of which contain alpha transparencies, or require alpha rendering.

These all need to be rendered and passed through the DX11 pipeline for your post processing fx to render behind them. This is why the menu costs more performance than ingame at times.

If there was a disable GUI option, you'd see what i mean.

All common (warframe/weapon)Textures in warframe appear to be loaded globally at boot.

ODx and Tower maps seems to have extra on load, hence the increase in memory usage on those maps, reduced framerates and extra loading time.

I'd love to have a blast at optimising the ODx and Tower maps.

For the polycount, I bet theres no end of edge loops + verts i can remove on the tile sets without any visual degrade.

For the memory usage, i bet i could half it by organising the uv maps and texture count/size more efficiently.

Anyway, back to your issue.

I'd be more concerned with 50% gpu usage, 100% cpu usage on 1 core and 2 fps. CPU and codeloop updates are the bottleneck of warframe, not GPU.

Edited by Fourdee

50% is good, whats the problem?

That 50% is probably due to all the DX11 post processing FX you have running. Regardless of poly count, the post processing will eat up GPU time. No doubt your running 1080p aswell? try 720p and watch that GPU smile.

The menu loads/draws a shed load of sprite textures, and, quads (if its not quads, i want to know more ;)) for each letter of text. All of which contain alpha transparencies, or require alpha rendering.

These all need to be rendered and passed through the DX11 pipeline for your post processing fx to render behind them. This is why the menu costs more performance than ingame at times.

If there was a disable GUI option, you'd see what i mean.

All common (warframe/weapon)Textures in warframe appear to be loaded globally at boot.

ODx and Tower maps seems to have extra on load, hence the increase in memory usage on those maps, reduced framerates and extra loading time.

I'd love to have a blast at optimising the ODx and Tower maps.

For the polycount, I bet theres no end of edge loops + verts i can remove on the tile sets without any visual degrade.

For the memory usage, i bet i could half it by organising the uv maps and texture count/size more efficiently.

Anyway, back to your issue.

I'd be more concerned with 50% gpu usage, 100% cpu usage on 1 core and 2 fps. CPU and codeloop updates are the bottleneck of warframe, not GPU.

The issue is the fact that my in-game VRAM usage is currently under 280mbs and the GPU is barely being used its across all maps right now the Void  tileset isn't as bad anymore for me its everything else now that is making my system cry wanting to use more of the GPU's power and it the game wont allow it. And my CPU usage on anything on Warframe stays around 35%-40% (Intel Core i5 4670K)