Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let Our Favorite Weapons Be Godly(Or At Least Better)

syle

this is just something that is annoying me allot lately

I was an acrid and flux rifle user - not because they were my favorite

but because they were most powerfull - both of them were potatoed and formad 4 times

I always loved boltor and afuris - how they looked how they shoot etc - but there were total crap compared to other weapons

than dmg 2.0 comes and everything changes

but the old crappy weapons are still ... old crappy weapons

how about adding some additional bonuses for lvls on weapons and for formas on weapons - 5%-10% boost per forma on weapon stats?

or give us mastery of weapons that we like to use based on the amount of enemies killed with that weapon - giving it more dmg , larger clips , faster reloads - something that would make us happy for using the weapons that we like the most

something that would allow us to be certain that the weapon we will invest our time in wont become next acrid

its just very discouraging to just constantly switching to new weapons , never taking your favorites to the missions coz you are lvling that new market weapon for mastery  or because the brakk is stronger than your aklato

i mean if someone killed 5000 enemies with their aklato he would know the weapon , he would know how to deal more dmg with it , how to reload it faster , score higher crits etc , it would encourage ppl to invest in their favorite weapons way more than now

right now i just take new fotm with me with correct mods

ninjas should be masters or their weaponry , gives meaningful ways to achieve mastery in our favorite ones

how about adding some additional bonuses for lvls on weapons and for formas on weapons - 5%-10% boost per forma on weapon stats?

So much nope.

Our favorite weapons are just that, our personal favorites. Some people pick their favorites based on how strong they are innately

other because of preference (I use Bows over rifles anyday)

This would tip the balance of power in weapons towards innately "good" weapons

Plus the whole point of the game is to encourage using new weapons and warframe and not sticking to one thing.

I do it all the time.

I use the Mire over Duel Ichors sometimes even though Duel Ichors is "virtually better"

edit: and of course what the dude above me said. Forma= polarity=more freed up mod points=stronger

Edited by Anatolius

I like the idea of gaining a boost for weapons you have a lot of kills with, but the other stuff, not so much. there are mods that let you do more damage, reload faster, have a higher magazine capacity, etc.; that's what mods are for, and if you want to fit those into your weapon, you may require some forma too. but damage boost for polarizing something, now that's broken (it would encourage me to actually use the stack of forma blueprints sitting in my inventory, but it would make things ridiculous, especially since you can forma a weapon ad infinitum)

I agree that it was unfortunate when only certain weapons were viable for high-level stuff (like old acrid and the brakk), to the point where those were the only weapons you'd see. damage 2.0 promotes diversity, and each weapon has its niche. and if you like one weapon more than the rest, then you can put forma and such into it to make it usable. my new favorite weapon is the penta. the magnus is fun too, but right now I'm leveling up the new weapons for mastery, but after that I can go back to the ones I like. and along the way, maybe you'll find that you do like some of the random weapons you're leveling up for mastery