The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who Would Win In A Fight? The Tenno Or The Space Marines?

f-e-a-r-s

Since there's a Tenno vs. Master Chief thread going on, why not start other threads like that? 

Basically, who would win in a fight, a Tenno or a Space Marine? As we all know, both are in some way heavily augmented super soldiers, both have magical/technological powers that don't seem to adhere to the laws anything, both have some set of laws/codes/religion that are followed, both are gun toting, blade swinging killing machines.

Also, a fight would probably happen should the Imperium of Man ever come across the Tenno as they will most likely be classified as xenos or mutants or both and be accused of witchcraft/heresy etc. etc.

Also also, the fight can be one on one, squad vs squad, or whatever scale. Give reasons to support your opinion as to why your chosen side would win bla bla bla...

I'd say in terms of a ship to ship battle, the Space Marines (or any other faction for that matter) would win for now as we have never seen much Tenno spacecraft nor (I assume) are their numbers large enough to field even a single decent sized fleet should any Tenno ships exist. Then again, the Tenno most likely do not fight like that.

Tenno are much more likely to just sneak on and blow up the ship :P Buh-bye, Spacies.

On a more serious note, it's hard to say. On the one hand, they seem fairly evenly matched on an individual basis, assuming the Marine individual is a pysker. So I'm going to have to think about it by the bigger picture. Space Marines probably have the greater numbers, although neither order is terribly vast. However, not every one of those marines has the supernatural powers that the Tenno do, because not every Marine is a psyker, although every Tenno is... a Tenno, lol. A further disadvantage the Marines have is the vulnerability of those Psykers to the void...

On the other hand, the Marines have tanks, and some of them have heavier armor or jetpacks. I suppose Frost, Rhino, Saryn, and maybe Valkyr could be considered the heavier Terminators of the Tenno, but no tenno have the jump-packs worn by some infantry. Granted the Tenno are probably more acrobatic and nimble in the first place, making up for this to a degree. So long as we're counting technological assistance, the Tenno also have their sentinels, and we all know how helpful Shade can be, as well as how powerful the Deth Machine Rifle is.

It's a tough call, but I'm going to have to give it to the Tenno. The Marine's inability to use their powers with impunity (and indeed, how relatively rare those powers are) is a major blow to their ability to match up to the Tenno. They arguably have the greater firepower, but that's of little comfort when the foe is as nimble and well protected as the Tenno are.