Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stug Improvements Megathread

HAR1MAU

So, like the title says, this thread contains my opinions about problems that the Stug has and ways to solve these problems.

Feel free to reply if you agree, disagree or if you think that there is another problem that you think this weapon has ;3.

Okay, so let’s take a detailed look at the Stug:

It's advertised as a sticky corrosive grenade launcher with multiple ejection modes (the multiple ejection modes to be taken with a grain of salt because its pretty broken in a bad way right now)
But to me this weapon feels just like the miter when it just came out.

Charge Mechanic:

-The charging mechanic on this weapon is just bad, it takes forever to charge the damn thing and you can’t cancel the charge unlike the bows, It will consume ammo while charging and if you are a frequent bow user like me you might have a tendancy to press ‘’R’’ (or other button you have binded reload to) to stop the charge and keep your arrow.

With the Stug because it consumes the ammo durning the charge and not when you decide to fire it and you press the reload button it reloads and you wasted ammo without even firing.

+(Optional) please change the charging sound instead of coping that from the Cernos.

Projectile Detonation Timing:

-So I ran some tests with this weapon and this weapon is kinda fun to play with but its more frustrating then satisfying; let me explain:
Instead of making this weapon a timed grenade launcher with projectiles that pretty much explode at the wrong moment, why won’t DE just change this into a sticky proximity mine launcher? Or create a mod for it?
when it makes contact with an enemy it will instantly explode and when it makes contact with terrain it will go to proximity mode and wait for a few seconds until an enemy approaches.

This will solve the problem that the projectiles always explode to early on terrain, and to late on enemies. However From the tests that I ran, If an enemy dies with a stug charge on him that has’t exploded yet, it will instantly detonate no matter how long it would take normally and makes this really good for players with a tactical insight.

+(Optional) To make the Stug more appealing for stealth gameplay, A reduced noise footprint would be nice (or just slap a suppress mod on it.)

Explosion AoE And Toxic DoT:

-First of all, the DoT is just flat out lame compared to the damage of the explosion either buff it or give it more use (see below if you are still reading ;3.)

-The AoE of the explosion is small, enemies have to be litteraly hugging each other in order for the AoE damage to transfer, This certainly has to be buffed:

*A toxic DoT for enemies standing in or a meter or two beyond the blast radius (incl. nade carrier). This makes the damage over time aspect a bit more interesting.
*Increased blast radius, the actual radius doesn't match up to the animation

Projectile And Explosion energy color support:

-I know you want this.

TL;DR

Short version, stug has creative mechanics and it’s the first of its kind but has so much more potential if some problems get fixed:

-option to cancel shot like bows (without consuming ammo)
-original charging sound instead of that of the Cernos.
-changing the projectile behavior from a timed grenade into a proximity grenade.
-Toxic AoE debuff for enemies standing a meter or two beyond the blast radius and increase the blast radius.
(this has been fixed since hotfix 11.5.4)
-Projectile and explosion energy color support.
+A reduced noise footprint for out of the box stealth gameplay (or use suppress, this point is optional)

Edited by HAR1MAU

Yeah it doesn't work as advertised, it's a lot more effective and fun if you use the acrid trick, or a macro to spam fire, you send out a hail of small explosive balls.

The energy color is bugged, it's white and you can't change it.

try with a bright red colour, you can see it in the middle of the goo...

prolly all of what you sugested about damage and proximity mines, etc, will come in form of mods, like in penta.

lately DE have been releasing bad weapons, that becomes good with the right mods, instead of good weapons that becomes better with mods, that used to be the way weapons where.

But the Penta is a primary weapon, the Stug is a secondary and there is no mod (well not yet) that changes explosive projectiles into prox mines.

Yeah the entire ball should be energy colored and the explosion as well, and the default energy color shouldn't be white, it should be green/green-yellow:ish since it's corrosive, like the UT goo gun which it seems to be inspired by.

Why not pink?!

The AoE needs an increase for sure. Doesn't match the visual blast radius at all. I had to literally stand on top of gooballs splattered on the floor in order to take self-damage from the blasts.

Edited by SortaRandom