The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New To This Game ..

(PSN)drakeos99

Question

Excal is a good frame, but I'd farm up Rhno first thing. Oberon is pretty good, but Earth is a rough ride early on in your career. Stick to Rhino, he'll pay off later when it comes down to farming for new weapons and 'frames. The main challenge in new frames will be getting control modules (Europa). Keep en eye out for an alert reward of same from the inner planets.

First thing to do is buy a Braton. This will get you to Saturn. Once you've reached that stage of the game, you should be experienced enough to make your own calls on weapons and you'll know what you like and what you don't.

The real challenge will be mods. This is what makes your weapons scale with mobs and essentially is your advancement through the game. Serration is the most important (primary weapon). Elementals mods are next. Get familiar with damage 2.0. You need to know how this works to make good decisions with weapon modding. Use the warframe wiki. It's an excellent resource.

The best thing to do is start leveling up on Mercury. Survival can be very intimidating to a new player (it was for me), but it's where the best early payoffs can come from. Hit Apollodorus and plan on learning how that map works in particular and survival in general. Attach yourself to someone else that looks like they know what's going on and follow them around like a lamprey on a shark. You'll find a lot of players releveling forma'd 'frames and weapons here (I know I do). Plan on sticking around as long as possible. Half hour extractions are your goal. Even if you get smoke-checked early, stick it out. Your first serration will be worth it and you'll be on your way. You'll get a lot of useful things here that will help you out as you move forward.