The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mod System Far From Intuitive

JHarlequin

It is unfortunate that existing players get this major change, but anyone can adapt. The large problem that already seems distinct is that even a new player won't exactly get this system.

The concept is too abstract. It all does work, but having to find mods then upgrade them to get them to whatever level, and then to have to deal with the energy cost as well just doesn't seem very defined.

The old system was far simpler of course, but it did have some drawbacks to the whole stacking issue which effected the gameplay. It probably is good to get a different system going. But the new system is just piling on a distinct inconvenience to old players and will leave new players floundering while trying to figure out when to put on certain mods.

The side notes being that my first few minutes in game saw people mentioning that they ended up unable to equip a mod after fusing because the energy drain got too high for their current level thus losing them the mod until they level.

And while some people are dissapointed in how much it costs to level mods, what I wonder is why is it so much more efficient to use many common cores instead of using uncommon and rare cores. (If anyone wonders what this means, realize that using two uncommon 1 cores costs the same as using a rare 1 core, but gives at least 50% more result.)

It isn't bad, it just isn't very easy to get used to. It isn't a very welcoming system.

Yeah I was just trying out the mod equiping UI and I was confused when i was equiping them that they would drain a different amount then what was shown.

I finally realized that the slots have symbols (that are hard to see to be honest) telling me where to put the that type of mod to have the least amount of drain.

I would like to see some highlighting happening when drag a mod telling me where it is the best place to put it, the bad places to put it (but somehow not telling me i can't put it there), and the okay places to put it.

The who with the what now?

*drool a bit

Well since you apparently want it in simple speak. Every player will have trouble getting started. This system makes the mods into the challenge. The challenge that players will get later on because of this system will only be relevant after 1000's of hours spent on getting mods and cores to fuse mods.

New players won't see any benefit to leveling because everyone has to get lucky and find a useful mod instead of actually being able to get a stat increase each level.

Cores that are above or equal to the mod's rarity provide a full bonus, while cores more common than the mod will provide a reduced bonus. Unfortunately this seems to have nothing at all to do with the price of fusion, which I can't make any sense of.