The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Sudden Sudden Fps Drop To About 5-10Fps, Fixed Upon Alt-Tabbing Out And Back In

zankioh

Just had this happen in a normal capture mission. Another guy was the host.

A door opened (with tons of Corpus behind it) and the fps suddenly dropped as if the fps cap was set to something between 5 and 10.

After some 8 seconds or so I tabbed out to check what's going on, didn't notice anything unusual and tabbed back in and it was fixed.

I'd like to note that I usually always have 60fps and the rig I built is pretty much brand new, with a nice gigabyte 770gtx windforce.

Something about all the mobs behind that door that just opened seems to have triggered it. The fact that it was all back to normal after tabbing out and back in seems interesting, maybe that's of some use to DE.

I get massive FPS drops at Cicero, instatnly after someone adds the antitoxin.

Rocksolid 85FPS (vsync capped) gets slapped into the ground resulting in choky 30fps.

Did you check whether tabbing out and back in fixed it? It might be a similar situation then.

I see. Never had such an issue in the Cicero event or otherwise, this was the first and only incident of the game suddenly going from the usually stable 60fps (vsync) to what felt like 10fps hard lock.

Hope your issue gets resolved too!

I actually commonly get drops in fps.  It's usually when I'm on the defense mission where you block the crewman.  When you get trapped in a corner and there's a bunch of baddies on you, as soon as someone uses an AOE skill on them, the game will get a big drop in fps until it's done running the animation and the things die.  And it happens often on defense missions becomes some of you guys like to show off. Haha