The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Gpu Memory Warning In A 2Gram Gpu

tingxyu

I'm using a Y500p (The predecessor to the Y510P) with SLI 750s and it runs fine. One thing was that SLI only worked if the laptop was plugged in to the wall.

Since Optimus is supposed to reduce battery power consumption, have you tried plugging in your laptop then playing Warframe?

I'm using a Y500p (The predecessor to the Y510P) with SLI 750s and it runs fine. One thing was that SLI only worked if the laptop was plugged in to the wall.

Since Optimus is supposed to reduce battery power consumption, have you tried plugging in your laptop then playing Warframe?

I always plugged the AC power when I want to play the games. ;)

UPDATE INFORMATION:

The photos below shows what warnings showed to me. Please know that I am using GT750M to play the game and know my spec carefully.

The warning message came out after I play several minutes:

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1024x768q90/854/z64s.jpg

The system closed the game:

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1024x768q90/12/i33d.jpg

This time was lucky BSOD didn't happen.

That... sure is weird. The only explanation I can come up with is somehow, your memory is used up extensively by Warframe (I don't know how your 8GB of memory could be almost all hogged up by Warframe...). I don't know is it because faulty driver, buggy registry/system, or even Optimus acting freaky...

In addition, I tried to disable Intel HD 4600 for only Nvidia driver running in device manager but the Windows warned me that I have no driver installed/enabled. So I believe Nvidia stick with Intel.

Don't try to disable it through device manager. If you want to use Nvidia fully for everything, disable Optimus by selecting High Performance graphic processor as the preferred one in the Nvidia driver setting.

And, how about trying this one, just to test if it works? http://acer--uk.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9073/~/assigning-a-graphics-card-to-an-application-with-nvidia-optimus

That... sure is weird. The only explanation I can come up with is somehow, your memory is used up extensively by Warframe (I don't know how your 8GB of memory could be almost all hogged up by Warframe...). I don't know is it because faulty driver, buggy registry/system, or even Optimus acting freaky...

Don't try to disable it through device manager. If you want to use Nvidia fully for everything, disable Optimus by selecting High Performance graphic processor as the preferred one in the Nvidia driver setting.

And, how about trying this one, just to test if it works? http://acer--uk.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9073/~/assigning-a-graphics-card-to-an-application-with-nvidia-optimus

No, didn't work. :(

If there's really can't works well with DX11 then never mind. Still accept DX9 because it ain't too bad.

Try these options if you haven't already:

1. Since you indicated you are running Windows 8, you may need to run Warframe in Windows compatibility mode

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

2. Try running Warframe in 32-bit mode which is set in the options of the Warframe launcher.  This may reduce the performance benefit of running Warframe in 64-bit mode, but it should also reduce its process memory footprint & might allow you to play in DX11 mode if that is more important to you.  Worth a try even from troubleshooting point of view as it may give more clues into the cause of the problem.

3. Try completely uninstalling your NVidia drivers & then reboot before re-installing.  I can't tell you how many times this has fixed various weird graphical problems on many different computers.

4. It could be a compatibility problem with the version of DX11 included with Windows 8 for which a fix or an update needs to be released for either your drivers or Warframe.  Version of DX11 included with Windows 8 is 11.2.  Latest version of DX11 for all other versions of Windows is 11.1

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/179113

Edited by ApprenticeNoob

1: Yes my system is in 64-bit and make sured the warframe runs at 64-bit.

2: Windows 8.1 Single Language 64-bit, 8GB DDR3 RAM, Nvidia 750M solo, Intel Core i7 4700MQ and 1TB HDD SATA.

3: Since the nvidia runs with Intel HD 4600 by optimus, I think IRQL came from Intel itself. I checked the global settings or anything else I am MAKE SURE the game RUNS WITH NVDIA one.

In addition, I tried to disable Intel HD 4600 for only Nvidia driver running in device manager but the Windows warned me that I have no driver installed/enabled. So I believe Nvidia stick with Intel.

Windows 8.1 there's your problem. Windows 8+ is for tablets and phones dummy.

Ok here's Your problem:

Both of GPU's exist and are being used at the same time by the same IRQL, Warframe is unable to distinguish between their memory mappings ~ as there is no obvious setting with adapter should it use.

Possible Solution:

1) Download software called: Driver Sweeper, and newest drviers for both intel and nvidia GPU's

2) Go into your laptop bios and check if You can disable Intel's GMA/Graphics on die by disabling IRQL for it.

2)Use driver sweeper software to uninstall drivers of both intel Grpahics and Nvidia drivers (don't install your drivers back yet)

3) Reboot Your OS

4)Install Intel graphics drivers (reboot), install nvidia driver reboot.

5. Check if everything is working?

If not repeat but do not install intel's drivers.

Check for BIOS updates, or Your laptop company drivers -- as their drivers might differ.

BTW. Its a S#&$ty and most likely expensive laptop. Enjoy.

My PC is like hulk - HULK SMASH!

Edited by CyklonDX

• 3 months later...

If you have not solved it yet, i also have lenovo y510p. Love the laptop, just ignore these haters.

The issue is caused by Intel HD card. The fix is to go to the lenovo support site and download their intel hd drivers. This downgrades the drivers and solve the dumb card filling the ram with junk memory

Edited by DoomTail