Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Damage 2.0 - Make Elements Combination Optional.

BrazilianJoe

What if I want to have electric and cold damage, but NOT magnetic?

The arrangement of the mods should affect whether they combine or not. It could be arranged in top-bottom pairs, or left-right.

Vertical mode: simplest to use. Elements only combine when placed on top of each other.

Optionally they could also have an order. Electricity above Cold combine, but Cold above Electricity don't combine.

Horizontal mode: only adjacent elemental mods combine. This way, if I place my electric mod, then leave an open slot or put e.g. a max ammo mod, then the cold mod, they won't combine into magnetic.

Also could have a placement order to combine, so electricity to the left and cold to the right would combine, but not the other way round.

This would again ruin polarity locations. I would like it to be optional but not the way you said.

I say if they're not next to each other within the 1-8 setup they don't combine. That's it. Any more complex and we would have to reforma ALL OVER.

Honestly what I have to say is. Deal with it. It's a game mechanic. If you could seperate them it would completely break why this system was created in the first place: To stop rainbow builds (putting all elemental damage mods in 1 weapon), or illogical builds like fire + freeze.

Edited by R3leaZ

Old school rainbow actually was the problem and had to be fixed. There was no variety in mod builds AT ALL. If you didn't go rainbow build you would lose out on damage potential making all of them a must have equipped with the exception of the critical builds on some high crit weapons. The Forma problem was addressed and a fix will be coming in in the future.

Edited by R3leaZ

Or they should just add a manual prioritization system.

Click Link, select two boxes (First being highlighted in white), Link made (Actual Links denoted by colour, alternating through Red, Blue, Some other colour, Some other Colour). The two linked slots combine to make one element if both linked slots contain elementals. If three or more elements exist at a time, at least one must be linked, with the required number increasing for every element added thereafter.

To unlink, click the button and select a preexisting link.

649vg.jpg

Edited by Azure_Kyte

Honestly what I have to say is. Deal with it. It's a game mechanic. If you could seperate them it would completely break why this system was created in the first place: To stop rainbow builds (putting all elemental damage mods in 1 weapon), or illogical builds like fire + freeze.

That defeats the purpose of introducing this mechanic in the first place. The entire point was you had to decide - do you want electric or ice. There's now a trade off.

Edit: ninja'd ^

the combination of elemnts is in the game mech for counter the rainbow builds, deal with it

Old school rainbow actually was the problem and had to be fixed. There was no variety in mod builds AT ALL. If you didn't go rainbow build you would lose out on damage potential making all of them a must have equipped with the exception of the critical builds on some high crit weapons. The Forma problem was addressed and a fix will be coming in in the future.

u haven't been playing long, have u, OP?

as these have mentioned, the initial reasoning behind ele combo's was to STOP the rainbow effect.

that is when u stack fire + cold + lightning on any ONE gun.

this shoots electrified flaming bolts of ice. this also creates illogical, undesireable effects, like flaming + frozen targets. fire is hot, ice is cold, u should only have 1 of these effects... if ur cold and lit on fire, u would get hot, and no longer be cold. right? if ur outside in michigan (or canadian, or alaskan, or russian) winters, u know it's cold when ur skin turns blue -.-

if u light urself on fire, now ur hot, and no longer have frozen snot hanging from ur nose. fire + cold = not cold.

so now, after damage/armor 2.0... fire + cold = blast.

cold = slow

blast = knockdwon.

just use magnetic, currosion, or blast.

my fav so far is blast, tbh. can't go wrong with knockdown on targets that take enough rounds to actually CAUSE PROC CHANCE % TO OCCUR.

also, as they all mentioned, rainbow was too OP to begin with.

for example (and these numbesr are off the top of my head) ::

base damage 25 + 120% serration = 55 damage

55 damage + 90% fire = 104.5

55 damage + 90% cold = 104.5

55 damage + 90% fire AND 90% cold = 209 damage

what if one adds +90% puncture, +90% electric, and a bane mod (rifles) ?

rainbow builds weren't considered a problem when they thought things out in the beginning, then people complained about not being able to do enough damage in high lvl areas / vs high lvl mobs, then others aid "just use rainbow... all ele mods... so DE changed armor scaling, damage types, etc etc etc.

Click Link, select two boxes (First being highlighted in white), Link made (Actual Links denoted by colour, alternating through Red, Blue, Some other colour, Some other Colour). The two linked slots combine to make one element if both linked slots contain elementals. If three or more elements exist at a time, at least one must be linked, with the required number increasing for every element added thereafter.

-image-

This is nice.

649vg.jpg

GREAT IDEA :)

love this one :)

Plz plz DE :)

And a word to rainbow :

With damage 2.x I realy started rainbow builds because the resistance tables are now so complex that its better to have 3 damage types then one. (because with one you will ALWAYS have an enemie in the level that s.....)

Edited by Chupachab