Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

You Call This Archery?

Dequire

If you're fully charging, maybe you suck at aiming, or are missing due to lag and don't know it, or corpus got a magical buff against arrows in the last 5 days. Any and all of those are possible, but the first and foremost option, since you didn't mention charging your shot, was that you simply didn't charge your shot.

I am indeed fully charging every shot. I recently got the Cernos to rank 5 and managed to stuff my +90% damage Seration into the damn thing and now it's ripping up Corpus on Venus pretty well. I'm hitting the targets dead center of mass while avoiding that really long and stupid chin plate, yet even on MOA's it will from time to time be just short of killing them, as if I'm getting the opposite of random criticals. I'm horribly confused.

Not sure what to tell you. I can't test right now, was in a match hosted by someone who seems to have a warframe-specific virus, so I'm busy scanning my system now--dare not touch the game to test until everything is certainly clean.

Also, I'd like to note, on average, an arrow travels 200 to 300 feet per second. The "max range" in the game is only 50m(a bit over 150 feet) due to technical limitations--you can fire past that with projectile weapons, but that's about where it stops telling you the target's name. At average speeds, that would be a .5 to .75 second flight time. Which sounds about right for what happens in game. If it is slower, again, it's likely for effect.

I have used the Paris, (before damage 2.0), Dread (as my main go-to weapon), and the Cernos most recently. The Cernos is by far the worst bow of the three, and IMO one of the worst weapons in the game. It seems like it was just stuck in to complete the triangle of damage types for bows. And I have a little bit of IRL experience with archery, as I know someone with a proper wood longbow, which I have fired. The in game bows seem to be closer in speed to the lego crossbow I made... Which is really sad. (We also need a proper crossbow in the game.)

I have used the Paris, (before damage 2.0), Dread (as my main go-to weapon), and the Cernos most recently. The Cernos is by far the worst bow of the three, and IMO one of the worst weapons in the game. It seems like it was just stuck in to complete the triangle of damage types for bows. And I have a little bit of IRL experience with archery, as I know someone with a proper wood longbow, which I have fired. The in game bows seem to be closer in speed to the lego crossbow I made... Which is really sad. (We also need a proper crossbow in the game.)

So, you're going to tell me, that the Cernos sucks when it's the only bow that you've used past Damage 2.0? Please, come back and tell me when you've used the bows in question, recently. I'd appreciate the unfettered feedback as to whether or not my purchase actually does just suck balls. Thank you.

I'd like to note, based on damage type values, the cernos is kind of the worst... impact isn't very good against anything. It gets a bonus against shielding, and that's all.

EDIT: Have not been trying out my other bows to see how they officially compare to cernos in the d2.0, though.

EDIT2: If the speed is 70(85) on a dread, then it's perfectly fine. As I said before, average arrow speed is 200 to 300 feet per second. So, if the speed is 70(85) m/s, that's 229(278) feet per second. Perfectly good for a bow.

Edited by Llyssa