The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Haiyan/yolanda Tenno Survivors

Roi.tofu

Aye. After months of being out of the Tenno world I came here to start a thread on how many fellow Filipino Tennos survived the destruction of the Super Typhoon. Me for once, I experienced it as I used to live at Tacloban City (almost my entire life), Leyte. But now I start to rebuild my life back at my hometown in Cebu.

I dunno If you guys wanna hear my experience but I'm just here to hear the other survivors who still have the "Tenno in them".

My Clanmates from Trinity Prime, a clan exclusive for Tacloban Tennos, all of them survived but is now also trying to rebuild their lives. I'm the only guy in my clan who likes to stick around in the forums. So yeah...

I wanna play Warframe again, but sadly we have to wait until we can establish a faster and more stable connection  (Yeah, just using mobile net connection at the moment). 

Aye. After months of being out of the Tenno world I came here to start a thread on how many fellow Filipino Tennos survived the destruction of the Super Typhoon. Me for once, I experienced it as I used to live at Tacloban City (almost my entire life), Leyte. But now I start to rebuild my life back at my hometown in Cebu.

I dunno If you guys wanna hear my experience but I'm just here to hear the other survivors who still have the "Tenno in them".

My Clanmates from Trinity Prime, a clan exclusive for Tacloban Tennos, all of them survived but is now also trying to rebuild their lives. I'm the only guy in my clan who likes to stick around in the forums. So yeah...

I wanna play Warframe again, but sadly we have to wait until we can establish a faster and more stable connection  (Yeah, just using mobile net connection at the moment). 

Well I'm glad to see that you made it out alive along with most of your clan. My heart goes out to everyone hit by that disaster.

Nature is definitely a mother.

Hey, good to know that you're safe and made it! I was worried sick myself because I didn't hear any news from my friends who were in Tacloban after the comms blackout. They've checked in now though, and thankfully survived through the ordeal.

I'm based in Manila but my hometown is Bacolod and it was spared most of the damage, though we did have to do some repairs in the farm. When I went back home this December, I was relieved that we didn't get hit as badly as Tacloban.

All the best in starting over, stay strong Tenno.

I'm based in Tacloban but my hometown is Cebu yet here I am now, back at my hometown...

Yes. It was really bad. And it had gotten worse when the people started becoming "desperate" and then started looting for what they wanted than what they needed. The first few days after the event, the Government didn't even try to help us. You know why? They love involving politics into everything, even in the state of calamity. Yet we all hate the Gov and Pres. "Ab-Noy" Aquino, if the people would be disciplined enough not to start the looting, then Tacloban would rise quickly. I saw Mr. Anderson Cooper and I see him full of frustration that he sat down on a chair that was on the streets and thought of what he could do. He wasn't alone as his team started to gather up from there. 

It was no easy life there the first few days since we all had to survive. So that would mean killing each other to get what they wanted, but of course, there always people who wanted it, especially the syndicate there.

But, as my family are mixed in emotions, I was the only one left strong. My father was crying, my mother was praying, my siblings were afraid. And I had to do something. While my father was helping and talking the neighbors, I saw him crying again that he had heard my relatives did not make it due to the storm surge.  But we had no proof so I decided to check it out. Halfway through, near Astrodome I have found them and we rejoiced that we are still complete.
I'm glad Tacloban is a small city for it would only take 1-2 hours to go Downtown and salvage some food. Yeah, the mall was near to us. My family managed to snag some goodies, but we see people going crazy about it and yes, like a greedy wolf, kills a guy who has his wants.

After a week, we were on our way to Cebu. Because if we stayed there, we might survive the terrors of the night (due to their wants, and almost forgotten about their food, which are needs, they are forced to loot house to house and maybe kill, hence we had our own weapons) but not the smell of the dead.

Here is my post on Facebook before we sat foot on Cebu:
I am still alive. We are still alive. The ****** family is still complete and are on-bound to Cebu. We are going to start a new life again. Yolanda screwed us like hell. I see dead people. I smell dead people. I can still hear the dead people crying for help. Tacloban will never be normal. People became too desperate and too greedy. My friends lying on the ground, may you rest in peace. For those who survived, good luck. 
Cebu people, mga bai. I cannot wait to see you again and please also help us. 

Tacloban is no longer safe. And may never become a city again. The economy there is destroyed. It will take years for it to recover. News on TV at the moment Is totally focused. This is trully horrifying to see a city fall completely down not just by Yolanda but by it's own people. 

Some of my pics:

1003792_3781865442602_2024136272_n.jpg
1463500_3784849557203_536259201_n.jpg
582072_3784852317272_1771330075_n.jpg

1475958_3748868097689_128891902_n.jpg
1470066_3784852277271_282367750_n.jpg
1463130_3784889118192_988245111_n.jpg
1475788_3784891758258_499697428_n.jpg
1464771_3784852797284_1556116110_n.jpg

Thank you all for your support. We will stay strong. Tacloban shall rise again but not right now. It'll take years to rebuild... But aye, there is still hope. I just hope people would cooperate more efficiently there... 
Edited by Ghost_Intel2