Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

First Impressions On Seven

goshyn00

First off. Loving the Stealth gameplay. Especially the new double sliding attack. So nice.

Thoughts on the "Controversial" Anti-Skill Tree system

At first I was a little iffy on them, but I'm liking the newer feel of the gunplay. I'm kind of sad there's less running through enemies, but I agree with whoever said that there's not as much Volts or Frost running in and killing everything now. My main question is what's the point of Leveling up your warframe and weapons now? Correct me if i'm wrong but there doesn't seem to be a requirement to put mods on and you could theoretically have no Rank on the warframe or weapons and nothing would change much.

Second I'm guessing only Super rare mods can hit max rank on the mods through fusion?

Also this is still early but can you also now theoretically find the warframe abilities like Loki's Invisibility on mobs? Just wondering since it doesnt seem you can reverse the fusion, so is it guaranteed now that you can hit max level with the base abilities or would you have to find a better version of it to hit rank 10 on the mods? is it possible to mess up the fusion? These are partly rhetorical as i'm sure playing the game more will reveal this but i just thought i'd throw them out there for now.

Also on that same note, i do like the possibilities with this system. The one thing I liked about the skill trees was despite the path you chose, depending on what mods you got you could change what the warframes seemed like they were designed for. I personally use Loki and it was nice having him more as a Frontline fighter rather than someone who sits in the back and throws out decoys or sneaks by and he still felt balanced as I could Dodge past enemies just as well as a similarly leveled Volt or Frost could just mow things down.

Just wondering since warframe powers could theoretically drop from enemies, could you have super rare rewards where special abilities drop? Like say, Rhino with Invisibility instead. I know this might break the Lore a bit and the warframes being unique, but things other than just elemental damage would be cool to see. Like neutral abilities that any warframe could use. Might even be something as simple as a Hacking ability to reverse sensors and reset Stealth if you get caught?

I digress, my point is that for all the flak the new system is getting, i can see this being just as custumizable as the previous tree while balancing coop play and making things more challenging.

Corpus and Grineer actually feel like a threat now. While it was fun feeling like a super badass running through levels cutting everything down, it didn't feel like there was a point to use anything other than the charge attacks and while fun, the only thing that changed from match to match was level design. Now every match really does feel different because you're force to approach every situation differently because it's life or death now.

While I have had trouble with solo play. I think its still getting use to the fact that we're pretty much level 1 now and I have to reorganize my mental game and how i go about missions.

Totally agree with more dense gameplay. I think the increased challenge does push the Coop aspect a LOT. It was a rarity to help up a downed foe before, usually only in higher level infested and boss matches where you could get surrounded or stunlocked. Now communication seems vital and reminds me a lot of Left 4 Dead where if you don't stick together and watch your own team as well as the enemy, you're gonna get effed in the A.

I don't know, these are just early thoughts and the system is new but I thought I'd share. Hope to see where this update goes.

I loved new update, it added more challege to this game and made it more interesting to play. )

yeah but the nerf was quite bad...my opinion ws to keep the skill tree because it was bosting your warframe/weapon to a desent level.

Now you can't solo unless you play stealthy.

You actually can, by playing it carefully, though high lvl's are way more difficult than before. I must confess, now I am getting PNWD by lvl's 25-30, but still, it's only a matter of time to get used to this new sistem, get new mods and change a bit your tactics.

yeah but the nerf was quite bad...my opinion ws to keep the skill tree because it was bosting your warframe/weapon to a desent level.

Now you can't solo unless you play stealthy.

Yeah, I don't think you have to stealth, I think you just can't run through the level. from what I saw of the interviews and the live stream they're trying to steer away from speed running where it's a balance of strategy and Action Run-and-Gun.

Where before you could just go all offense, stand out in the open a lot and let your sheilds absorb a good amount of damage, take cover, pop shields. Rinse repeat.

Now its more; Take cover, pop out to shoot, shields take a couple hits, look for enemies, new enemies show up, maybe find new cover, use ability, etc. Its a lot more varied in how you approach missions and I think it also pushes the objectives to varying degrees as well. Being forced to use a pistol now is a lot different and makes you think whether or not you want to drop the info and fight or run away and shoot than it use to.