Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Outbound Invites Give "failed To Join Session"

(PSN)Novemb3rEleven-

Hey, I've played Warframe a bit on PC and decided to switch to PS4 on its release. At launch (if I recall correctly) I invited people to join my session without any problem. It has been a while since I last invited, but this past week any invites I've sent out give the recipient a "Failed to Join Session" error. I've tried forwarding all the ports I've heard that Warframe and the PS4 uses, and it doesn't seem to fix the issue. I DO have an issue when trying to forward port 80 though, which I have heard the PS4 uses. My router responds with a port 80 is involved in login, or something like that. It's really frustrating to not be able to invite as I have been looking forward to inviting my clan to run Orokin Derelict Vault Runs with me. 4 Keys are better than 1!

I can join other people's sessions fine it seems, but no one can join me. I assume it has to be some issue on my end, but I'm at a loss as to what it could be. Any help would be much appreciated.

I'm having the same problem (but it just started last night) Was inviting people all the time doing like 30+ void runs a day with my keys.  but starting last night all of that changed...  about 50% of the people I tried to invite would always get the "failed to join"  I tried re-logging and they tried re-logging but after 50+ failed invite we gave up.  The other 50% of people I invited joined just fine.   I have been playing from the first week on and have never had this problem before (yes I have had some failed it join errors but they have always been fixed by sending a new invite).  It just started last night for me and I have not changed any of my router setting or any thing.  In the afternoon was playing fine (no problem with invites) but all of the sudden after dinner it all went bad.  Hoping to find a fix for this.

I can join other people's sessions fine it seems, but no one can join me. I assume it has to be some issue on my end, but I'm at a loss as to what it could be. Any help would be much appreciated.

Do you get a warning when you start the game about UPnP not working, telling you to open ports 3960 and 3962?

I could not use invites at all when I first started playing the game, not sending them nor receiving them, and I had that warning when booting the game (after the first loading screen when it looks for updates, and before you push cross to start). The first time I saw the warning I went to my router's settings and forwarded the ports to my PS4 but the game still warned me. It wasn't until I found a third party java tool called UPnP PortMapper that I got the forwarding working. I used it to forward ports 3960,3961,3962,3963 in TCP and UDP to my PS4 and now the game does not complain at boot anymore, and invites work both ways.

Apart from invites working, I am now getting matched much quicker than before with randoms as well.

The program I mentioned above is pretty self explanatory, download it and see if you understand how it works. PM me if you want further help.

okay i will give it a try when my weekend starts tomorrow, thanks man.

will the program work from any computer on the network that my router is on?

okay i will give it a try when my weekend starts tomorrow, thanks man.

will the program work from any computer on the network that my router is on?

Yes. When you click the "Connect" button, it will search the network four UPnP routers, if it finds more than one you have to pick the right one from a list.

• 3 weeks later...