The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

User List On Chat

(PSN)Ew_Tux

Any plans of simplyfying the user list on the community options, it takes forever to find some one you want to invite. You have to scroll through the whole list. Maybe a user search option or an option to select a user you had an invite agreement with that allows you to invite them.

:(

I think that user list is pretty much useless currently,never use it,people will mostly use the chat box to inv ppl or find a squad to play with. Like you said its too tedious to scroll down everyone's name. Think they should refine it for better use with the ps4. A user search by alphabet like Darkrai said would be the most obvious fix and def not a bad idea. I think they will get to this problem eventually.

I still wish they would add a option to scroll to names buy A, B, C.  So if I wanted to use the list and invite some one named Fred7677  I could pick "F" and have it auto scroll to names starting with "F".

They should definately add this. Typeing /username is too awkward because if you get a character wrong it won't work.

My friend had a great idea.  Why not use the touchpad on the front of the DS4 as a mousepad?  That way when you see someone on chat, you can mouse over their name, and whisper them just by clicking on their name?  It would work the same as the PC, and we already have the built in trackpad on our controllers.  It is frustrating to see someone with a username like B8Da_sbigDawg sending out messages for void missions, and having to spend your time trying to type that out with your controller.  Of course there's the option of using your phone or vita as a second screen and use the keyboards built into those devices, but that's cumbersome at best and unreliable.

• 2 weeks later...

They dont need to do anything more complicated than allowing you to move the selection curser over to the chat window and highlight user names from there......

"anyone up for T3 Def?"

Me

Me

Me

Highlights Me x3, 5 seconds later, level loading up.

When do I start my new job?

Edited by (PS4)atpbx

My friend had a great idea.  Why not use the touchpad on the front of the DS4 as a mousepad?  That way when you see someone on chat, you can mouse over their name, and whisper them just by clicking on their name?  It would work the same as the PC, and we already have the built in trackpad on our controllers.  It is frustrating to see someone with a username like B8Da_sbigDawg sending out messages for void missions, and having to spend your time trying to type that out with your controller.  Of course there's the option of using your phone or vita as a second screen and use the keyboards built into those devices, but that's cumbersome at best and unreliable.

I like this idea! Pressing the touchpad brings out a mouse cursor while you have the chat window up, and pressing it again removes it.

Edited by (PS4)Fubbick