Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Two Secondary Weapons Instead Of Primary

SIDESTRE4M

Hi, I'm sure, this topic popped up somewhere in the past, but I couldn't find anything proper so here is my simple idea:

Instead of using a primary and a secondary, what hinders our beloved Tenno using two secondaries instead?

I know, some of you think, secondaries are op and stuff, and I know there would be those claiming Brakk+Stug or something like that are op. Yeah, probably. However I don't see whether there is much difference to Brakk+Soma or Penta or whatever.

Of course, doing this would have it's own disadvantages: Mostly ammunition, because you are just carrying guns with just one type, so the ammo would get distributed to the sidearm with the least ammo, forcing you to use ammo mutation mods or your guns more visely.

I think of that, because I often have more fun using sidearms like Aklex, Vasto and the like instead of a primary. I like this pistol gunslinger style, or maybe multi-akimbo.

If we follow that idea, it would also be possible to use a second melee instead of a secondary, like maybe Kestrel in addition to something other. Just a few thoughts.

We are ninjas. Ninjas have been very creative chosing their weaponry and creating the tools to do the job.

Maybe something like chosing two primaries would be possible too, with maye a decent speed reduction or so because they are heavier, bigger, thus limiting you agility.

What do you think?

Edited by SIDESTRE4M

Carrying two secondaries, I could see that. Two melee weapons, I could see that, too. Equipping two primaries might be a little over the top, especially if each one has a different ammo type. Soma and Vectis, anybody?

Regardless, I give you a +1. Afuris and Aklex sounds really good.

No. They would have to rework how things are holstered/stored. Pistols especially. I'm pretty sure every single pistol uses the thigh spots.

No. Then you have entitled kids who never want long range enemies or enemies that mess with melee players because they only brought three melee weapons and that's somehow DE's fault. Or they only bring three rifles and don't want DE making enemies that can only be interrupted by melee combos. It puts DE in a lose-lose situation when trying to add depth because they can't ever assume anyone has anything.

I think the best way to scratch this itch would be a few odd balls for each slot. A melee weapon you can throw. a pistol that comes with a sword in the other hand where if you aren't zoomed/aiming it does regular melee attacks. A rifle with a bayonet that strikes with the bayonet if you're not aiming. Stuff like that.

If you could equip a primary, secondary or melee in any slot it would work; you would have to take a penalty for putting a primary in a secondary/melee slot or receive some sort of benefit for putting a secondary/melee in a primary slot etc.

It's a great idea in theory but putting it into practice its probably more trouble than its worth.

Hell why stop there why can't you forgo your secondaries completely for a couple hundred extra rounds of ammo for your primary.

I'm still baffled that they start you with full ammo. No other game where you actually pick up ammo does this that I can think of. I'm waiting for the day to come when DE says everyone starts with three extra mags and the max ammo pool mods get a second benefit of starting you with an extra 0/1/2 magazines.

you'd run into issues that we have now with sentinels using the same mods already equipped on another weapon. but if you want to max out two hornet strikes, then yeah, this is a fine idea. personally, I think it would be worth it to have two copies of the useful pistol mods just so I could rock two secondaries

but you might run into issues with the A, B, C loadouts between two secondaries if they're both equipped and you switch to a loadout with the same mod as your other secondary. I think the drawbacks (shared ammo pool, can't use the same mod on both weapons) would be acceptable

No. They would have to rework how things are holstered/stored. Pistols especially. I'm pretty sure every single pistol uses the thigh spots.

No. Then you have entitled kids who never want long range enemies or enemies that mess with melee players because they only brought three melee weapons and that's somehow DE's fault. Or they only bring three rifles and don't want DE making enemies that can only be interrupted by melee combos. It puts DE in a lose-lose situation when trying to add depth because they can't ever assume anyone has anything.

I think the best way to scratch this itch would be a few odd balls for each slot. A melee weapon you can throw. a pistol that comes with a sword in the other hand where if you aren't zoomed/aiming it does regular melee attacks. A rifle with a bayonet that strikes with the bayonet if you're not aiming. Stuff like that.

Hey, I didn't think, it could be implemented without a rework. Your kiddie-problem could be solved, that you have to at least equip one ranged weapon. However... if you use Ignis+Embolist or Boar Prime+Bronco Prime, it is more or less the same.

I didn't propose to bring three times the same type of a weapon, though.

you'd run into issues that we have now with sentinels using the same mods already equipped on another weapon. but if you want to max out two hornet strikes, then yeah, this is a fine idea. personally, I think it would be worth it to have two copies of the useful pistol mods just so I could rock two secondaries

but you might run into issues with the A, B, C loadouts between two secondaries if they're both equipped and you switch to a loadout with the same mod as your other secondary. I think the drawbacks (shared ammo pool, can't use the same mod on both weapons) would be acceptable

Yeah, going against the standard setup has to come with disadvantages somewhere. However, there was a time when I could use the same mods in my sentinel and my normal weapon, so it isn't impossible. As it is now, I use the Sweeper if I use a normal rifle and the Stinger when using a shotgun. Since the laser pistol is weak and creates conflicts with every sidearm, I wonder if anyone uses it.

Maybe I would be satisfied if DE would just release a decent semi-automatic rifle. Something stronger than Lantron series.

But then again, I like my idea of having Aklex in addition to maybe Akmagnus/Afuris/Gremlins/Vipers/DualVastos at the same time in distant future.

Edited by SIDESTRE4M