Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Finding Out How To Spawn The Harvester

Zulaica

Question

So we've nailed down a few things about him but there is still much to know, if you have any sort of substantial evidence please post so.

Primes increase chances of finding Harvester
Being involved in the Gradivus Dillema increases the chances of spawning it (This should be self explanatory players that registered after the event are having as much luck as those who supported the Grineer or Corpus full and through during it)
Specific weapons increase chances of spawning Harvester
Planets have higher chances of spawning Harvester (As long as its a Corpus mission he can spawn)
Being in a mission from the start of it increases the chances of spawning Harvester
Low level weapons/frames increase chances of spawning Harvester (Likely has nothing to do with loadouts)
Corpus defense has highest chances of spawning Harvester (Apparently not true, he spawns on any Corpus mission after 240 seconds after spawning it seems)
Having both a Stalker mark and Harvester mark spawns the Harvester ???
Killing Alad V gives death mark to spawn Harvester ???
Other Corpus bosses besides Alad V give a death mark to spawn the Harvester ???
Nef.Anyo is a Harvester mark trigger ???
Highest chances of finding Harvester are on invasions against Corpus ✓(Confirmed on Livestream 20 that it is triggered by supporting Grineer)
You get a email in your inbox when you have a mark ✓
If you have anything you would like to add or confirm/deconfirm please feel free to post it.
TL:DR Support grineer until you get a email but be aware that the probabilities are butchered for the Harvester to appear according to the people on the Livestream
Edited by Zulaica

Disclosure: I have been trying to farm Harvester for two days using methods that people in this thread have reported as accurate. I have yet to meet the Harvester myself.

So let me get this straight (please correct me if I am wrong on this)...

The best method seems to be:

A)  getting a death mark from a non-corpus boss (like Phorid or Krill) first, then;

B)  getting a death mark from a corpus boss (Like Alad V or Nef Anyo), then;

C) going to Xini or Io and getting on an elevator. If the lights don't flicker, leave the session

D) Repeat step C) until Harvester (or stalker) shows up (if stalker, then repeat steps A - D)

Have I got this right? Cause this is not working for me...

You need to wait a random period of time between 30 seconds and 5 minutes (checking Stalkerhunter or your EE.log to check the exact amount, as it changes every mission) before the game will decide if a stalker or harvester will spawn.

The first flicker can happen just standing at spawn, however the stalker/harvester wont spawn until a certain physical threshold has been passed. On Io it's near the top of the elevator, on Xini it's at the top of the stairs.

Edited by Symbols

@Programmer

Just opened your programm and got this

[coder]See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
   at Stalker.Form1.checkmethod()
   at Stalker.Form1.secondtick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.296 (RTMGDR.030319-2900)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
StalkerHunter
    Assembly Version: 0.1.0.0
    Win32 Version: 0.1.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Alex/Desktop/StalkerHunter.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1002 built by: RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1001 built by: RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1001 built by: RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Xml
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.233 built by: RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Configuration
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Core
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.233 built by: RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Cheers

Edited by DofD

Thanks. Does this need to be before you get on the elevator? And how do you check your EE.log?

I don't have stalker hunter and don't think I want to get it but what is this EE.log?

Doesn't matter what you do while the time until the stalker/harvester check is counting down. You can stand in the starting room, you can actually defend the pod, you can tab out and watch youtube videos of people getting drunk and trying to cook; it doesn't really matter. At the end of the timer, it'll decide if something will spawn, regardless of where you are or what you're doing on the map.

Your EE.log is located in C:\users\[your computer's name]\AppData\Local\Warframe, and will open with Notepad. The Stalkerhunter program just checks it for you in real time(very convenient).

Anyone have an idea about how long it is until your first dialogue after the Stalker Hunter timer hits zero?

DE changed how  things are logged in the EE.log (which Stalkerhunter reads to give you that timer), resulting in Stalkerhunter not displaying a roll for "Ain't nothin' spawning, dude, S#&amp;&#036; sucks try again." If there is no screen flicker (not necessarily dialogue) within +-10 seconds of the timer hitting zero, you can safely abort the mission.

Stalker Hunter does not work for me. It always states: waiting to start non-assassination mission.

Right click the Stalkerhunter executable, and run the program as administrator.

There is an issue with the Stalker Hunter starting up if it can't check for Updates. This has now been fixed.

http://azurespace.net/warframe/stalkerhunter.zip

There have been reports of the program not working on Windows 7 x64. I've been unable to replicate this on my end (W7 Ultimate x64), but if anyone encountering the issue can PM me with the following info:

- Do you have the Steam version of Warframe or the Standalone?

- Does this occur when you open Stalker Hunter after a mission in Warframe?

it may help me piece things together. 

I will be away from my PC for the next day or so due to IRL concerns, but I will respond to messages and assist where possible.
Edited by Azure_Kyte

Doesn't matter what you do while the time until the stalker/harvester check is counting down. You can stand in the starting room, you can actually defend the pod, you can tab out and watch youtube videos of people getting drunk and trying to cook; it doesn't really matter. At the end of the timer, it'll decide if something will spawn, regardless of where you are or what you're doing on the map.

Your EE.log is located in C:\users\[your computer's name]\AppData\Local\Warframe, and will open with Notepad. The Stalkerhunter program just checks it for you in real time(very convenient).

Thanks VERY much for clearing this up (and for answering other peoples' questions too). I really appreciate it.

Last question: can a death mark go away? With time? Very annoyingly, I had entered a public corpus assassinate mission (one of the alerts today - the one against jackal) and the lights started  flickering (and I had at least two active death marks - at least one non-corpus and at least one corpus) and then the people I was playing with finished the mission (I joined late - just before the boss fight itself).

Anyone know whether getting the flickering lights cancels my death marks?

Thanks again for all the help everyone.