Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Concept - Shiko

Umbranox

So as is usual for me, some random train of thought gave me inspiration for something. This is not my first warframe concept, but is the first I'm bothering to post.

EDIT: Throwing in how each skill could be used in gameplay since I was apparently not clear enough.

EDIT 2: Finally got a bit of art for Shiko done. Also, one alternative skill.

Name: Shiko (subject to change)

Health: 100 (300 @ 30)

Power: 100 (200 @ 30)

Armor: 50

Shield: 75 (200 @ 30)

Sprint: 1.1

Stamina: 100

Polarities: 4x =, 2x V

Aura Polarity: V (maybe no polarity as the above Vs help her a lot)

Potential Ingame Description: "Forgoing the more audacious abilities of her peers, Shiko focuses on her constant companion, a blade forged from her own energy and her own physical speed."

Abilities:

1 - "Iai" - 25 energy - "Shiko draws her energy blade and cuts down surrounding enemies."

Deals 75/150/225/300 slash damage every 0.25 seconds for 2 seconds to all enemies within 2m and 90/170/250/330° infront of Shiko.

Could be used on the move, and if used together with Serenity, can provide a burst of healing on allies.

2 - "Serenity" 50(maybe 75, not sure) energy - "Calming herself, Shiko restores allies that come into contact with her attacks."

For the next 7.5/10/12.5/15 seconds, restores allies for 40/60/80/100% of the damage of Shiko's attacks (skills and weapons) that hit them.

This effect is applied to just about everything that Shiko does that deals damage. Friend on their last leg? Spend some ammo to keep them around or risk yourself to revitalise them with melee.

3 - "After Image" - 75 energy - "Shiko moves swiftly through the battlefield, leaving mirages at every turn."

For the next 7.5/10/12.5/15 seconds, Shiko gains a 12.5/25/37.5/50% increase to her movement speed. Every change of direction leaves a mirage that last until either hit or a new mirage is made.

Run past an enemy and as he faces off against something that won't be there much longer, hack away at his back. Or if an ally is down, run off with this going to pull aggro way so that others can revive them.

4 - "Severing Star" - 100 energy - "Repeatedly slashing at a single target, nothing will stand in her way."

When targeting an enemy within 10m, Shiko dashes towards them in a similar fashion to Excalibur's Slash Dash. Shiko's dash extends 10m beyond the target. This will repeat until the target is hit 5 times, dealing 250/500/750/1000 slash damage to all enemies in her path. Last dash should return her to location of cast.

Best sued against larger swarms of enemies, targeting a heavy unit among a crowd will produce best results.

I'm a bit iffy on her 2, I had a strong idea of how her 1, 3 and 4 would pan out but I felt she needed something for a bit more team synergy so I made her 2 a bit more supportive. Over all I'd expect her to play out as something between Excalibur and Ash.

As an alternative skill to Shiko's 1 or 3 (most likely her 1) (since those who've talked to me about her seem to like the 2 and 4) here is;

"Battou" - 25 energy - "A blade forged from her own energy at the ready, Shiko decimates the foes before her."

Replaces the equipped melee weapon with Shiko's energy blade for 12.5/15/17.5/20 seconds.

Stats for the energy blade per rank:

Type: Long sword (with custom batoujutsu/iaijutsu animations)

Physical Damage: 90/120/150/180

- Impact: 20/30/40/50

- Puncture: 30/40/50/60

- Slash: 40/50/60/70

Critical Chance: 10%

Critical Damage: 200%

Attack Rate: 2.0

Status Chance: 5%

Charge Attack: This would most likely be a direct copy of Shiko's Iai skill.

Charge Time: 0.6 seconds

Charge Crit Chance: 0%

Slam Damage: 150/180/210/240

Slam Radius: 1m

Slide Damage: 120/150/180/210

Finisher Damage: 500

Max Targets: 5-ish? Depends on how the animations turn out.

Cleave Radius: 0.5m

And no, in all fairness, the weapon itself shouldn't be affected by mods. The duration can be though.

Image(s):

iziv.png

Oh my! It seems Shiko needs a face~! I've come this far, but I want you, the people of the Warframe community, to finish her! This way we can all take some of the credit.

Edited by Umbranox

I like the idea of a slash based frame. Sounds like a steady concept.

Also, all frames with 50 armor has been changed to 65. Just to mention.

Edit: I'll just go ahead and follow this topic, this sounds promising.

Edited by ConcretePie

I like the idea of a slash based frame. Sounds like a steady concept.

Also, all frames with 50 armor has been changed to 65. Just to mention.

Edit: I'll just go ahead and follow this topic, this sounds promising.

Oh I know how all the frames that had 50 were buffed to 65 like Excalibur. But I left Shiko at 50 because, as Excalibur is to knights, Shiko is to samurai. Samurai tending to having lighter armor than knights, it seemed fitting that Shiko would have less.

Oh I know how all the frames that had 50 were buffed to 65 like Excalibur. But I left Shiko at 50 because, as Excalibur is to knights, Shiko is to samurai. Samurai tending to having lighter armor than knights, it seemed fitting that Shiko would have less.

Actually, that is a good point. 

And Nekros has 90 shield capacity, so I see no reason for all armor ratings to be the same. Green light. Go on about your business!

Abilities:

1 - "Iai" - 25 energy - "Shiko draws her energy blade and cuts down surrounding enemies."

Deals 75/150/225/300 slash damage every 0.25 seconds for 2 seconds to all enemies within 2m and 90/170/250/330° infront of Shiko.

4 - "Severing Star" - 100 energy - "Repeatedly slashing at a single target, nothing will stand in her way."

When targeting an enemy within 10m, Shiko dashes towards them in a similar fashion to Excalibur's Slash Dash. Shiko's dash extends 10m beyond the target. This will repeat until the target is hit 5 times, dealing 250/500/750/1000 slash damage to all enemies in her path. Last dash should return her to location of cast.

These are, essentially, the same power with different special effects. Locking you out for a moment while she auto-hits an area. One just has bigger numbers. I would decide if you want this to be a cheap skill or an 100 power #4, and add another skill. IMO the #1 needs to go. Standing still and being locked out for a cheap power isn't going to work out. At the low levels everyone will kill your targets and at high levels trying to use it often you'll just be locking yourself out of your character for half the match.

2 - "Serenity" 50(maybe 75, not sure) energy - "Calming herself, Shiko restores allies that come into contact with her attacks."

For the next 7.5/10/12.5/15 seconds, restores allies for 40/60/80/100% of the damage of Shiko's attacks (skills and weapons) that hit them.

Anything that creates gameplay is fine by me. Would have really interesting implications for punch-through mods.

3 - "After Image" - 75 energy - "Shiko moves swiftly through the battlefield, leaving mirages at every turn."

For the next 7.5/10/12.5/15 seconds, Shiko gains a 12.5/25/37.5/50% increase to her movement speed. Every change of direction leaves a mirage that last until either hit or a new mirage is made.

Counter-Intuitive. If you actually take the time to use the skill to make decoys well, you've used up the time/hits they would have taken and done nothing but run around, and as you do so enemies are facing decoys rather than you so headshots are iffy on top of being made on the move. PROBABLY a DPS loss.

Need to change it to CC IMHO. Maybe a mini radial blind at each direction change like a beam of light reflecting around the room except at points in the air (where she changed direction) rather than surfaces. That way when you're done you can shoot or melee targets of opportunity. Maybe make her immune to kockdown during the effect so she can run around and make all the heavy Grineer do their stomp thing or Ancients do their slap move, then get stunned when she changes to go to the next one, allowing her to go back and melee them.

Edited by VKhaun

These are, essentially, the same power with different special effects. Locking you out for a moment while she auto-hits an area. One just has bigger numbers. I would decide if you want this to be a cheap skill or an 100 power #4, and add another skill. IMO the #1 needs to go. Standing still and being locked out for a cheap power isn't going to work out. At the low levels everyone will kill your targets and at high levels trying to use it often you'll just be locking yourself out of your character for half the match.

The only skill I outright said locks you out from control is Severing Star. Iai could function while on the move, and possibly be used in conjunction with Serenity for a burst of friendly healing if they can't wait around for you to hit them ~20 over with whatever weapon you might be carrying over a period of maybe 10 sec. In this case Iai becomes a time saver and potential life saver.

Anything that creates gameplay is fine by me. Would have really interesting implications for punch-through mods.

I was thinking that too, about the punch-through.

Counter-Intuitive. If you actually take the time to use the skill to make decoys well, you've used up the time/hits they would have taken and done nothing but run around, and as you do so enemies are facing decoys rather than you so headshots are iffy on top of being made on the move. PROBABLY a DPS loss.

Need to change it to CC IMHO. Maybe a mini radial blind at each direction change like a beam of light reflecting around the room except at points in the air (where she changed direction) rather than surfaces. That way when you're done you can shoot or melee targets of opportunity. Maybe make her immune to kockdown during the effect so she can run around and make all the heavy Grineer do their stomp thing or Ancients do their slap move, then get stunned when she changes to go to the next one, allowing her to go back and melee them.

Perhaps I need to make myself clearer here, After Image works as a buff, so you'll still have full combat control during it's use, and the decoys only last for a moment as they only last until either a new one is made or they are hit. So you'll only have 2 decoys out at any time, one being targeted by enemies and another despawning. In the end, I designed After Image to work with DE's preferred concept of speed stealth, since with After Image you'll be running around a fair bit, and if used together with Severing Star (if possible within the system) could create a fair bit of distraction to pull enemy attention away from squad members.

Perhaps I need to make myself clearer here, After Image works as a buff, so you'll still have full combat control during it's use, and the decoys only last for a moment as they only last until either a new one is made or they are hit. So you'll only have 2 decoys out at any time, one being targeted by enemies and another despawning. In the end, I designed After Image to work with DE's preferred concept of speed stealth, since with After Image you'll be running around a fair bit, and if used together with Severing Star (if possible within the system) could create a fair bit of distraction to pull enemy attention away from squad members.

I understand the ability you're describing, but I don't think there's enough payoff. If enemies are shifting decoys and you're moving between decoy placement locations, then everything is in motion. Technically you are CC'ing them in that they are not shooting your friends, but you are doing a lot of work to maintain that and your allies can't really capitalize because the decoy keeps changing. Lots of work for no payoff.

I'm sure in your mind this sounds really cool because you would use it that way, but imagine that skill released to the general public. People would use it as a personal Volt speed to rush, or just spam it and not move much to get a decoy right next to them while they shoot stationary enemies.

IMHO If you want speed stealth you need to link the two, and you need enough payoff that people will bother with it. For example, decoy duration could be based on -or even maintained by- distance traveled within the same tile (to discourage just rushing with it). So if you're pro and actually running around hitting things on the fly, you can maintain this decoy longer than Loki / Saryn can without having to spend power again. Using other powers has you count as 'in motion' and don't despawn the decoy. 

Edited by VKhaun

• 2 weeks later...