The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

R&c And Warframe: A Comparision In Weapons

Stuifiee

*note, this post is just for fun and made out of boredom, not protest. Because of that, there will be mistakes and image size may vary.

**note, I have not played Tools of Destruction, All 4 One, and Nexus. Feel free to expand this list

Today, I was bored and started daydreaming about warframe and it's weapons. Then I started thinking about Ratchet and Clank, a serie known for it's massive and unique weaponry. And so, out of a collision of thoughts (as well as boredom), this post was born.

The Tesla Claw/Synapse

Elite.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

A gun that fires lightning, unique? Nope. It's been done ten years ago, and probably even before that. The differences? You don't have to reload it in R&C, and of course it looks different. Ammo capacity is similar, range is very similar as well. Both were also one of the most powerful weapons in their original game. 

The Miter/Disc Blade Gun

Photo.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

(skip to 2:20, it's not the best footage but it's something)

Now, I have not personally used the Miter, but the similarities are clear: both fire spinning blades that bounce around the room. From what I've heard, both are also not the best weapons in their games, though I can't really judge on that. They look completely different and have very different ammo capacities, but their main mechanics are the same.

This one is evidence DE is a R&C fan :P

The Twin Vipers/Dual Vipers

Dualviper1.png

500px-Viper,_dual.png

Let's compare them. The name is only different by a synonym. They are both small, compact machine pistols. In Ratchet: Gladiator (the game in which this weapon was introduced) a new modding system was made, so you could boost a gun's rate of fire. When you max out RoF, it will kill enemies quickly even at the highest difficulty level, but it will consume huge amounts of ammo like, well, the Twin Vipers. The differences? Hm... at max level, the Dual Vipers shoot rainbow bullets. Though that's what the Twin Vipers could do in DMG 1.0, right? So, what else is different... oh yeah, the bullets on the Dual Vipers bounce around the room. That's it.

Vauban's Vortex/Rift Inducer (R&C3 version)

Rift_Inducer.jpg

Vauban_Vortex.jpg

Who said it was limited to weapons? The title? Eh, yes, you're right, it did. Still, these two have some stuff in common. They both create a vortex that sucks enemies in (and collectibles too, I believe). The difference being that Vortex keeps them tumbling around for a while, while the Rift Inducer makes them disappear instantly. Also (suprise suprise) one is a power while the other is a weapon that consumes ammo. Yep, portable wormholes in ammo packs. What makes the Rift Inducer awesome, by the way, is that you can shoot multiple vortexes that will combine into one huge vortex.

Also, the Rift Inducer does not have a huge impact on your system's performance.

Ignis/Pyrocitor

500px-Pyrociter.jpg

250px-Ignis2.png

This one was easily made. A flamethrower isn't unique and we all know that. These two both shoot flames. The Ignis is much more powerful, has a much bigger range, and it comes much later in the game, whereas the Pyrocitor is the second available weapon, it's weak, and it's range is limited to right-in-your-face. For the first few planet's, it's an okay weapon, then it becomes useless. The Scorcher, from R&C:SM, is essentially the same, except it has a charge-up time before it becomes powerful.

The Pyrocitor was available in gold, so who knows, maybe an Ignis Prime? :P

Molecular Prime (or any other kill-it-all ults)/Zodiac

38_Zodiac_WM.jpg

239k.jpg

Press O to win or press 4 to win. Both can be used a very small amount of times. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Zodiac is probably the gun with the lowest ammo capacity, starting and ending at an unupgradable 4. Molecular Prime can't be cast all that many times in a row either. But why would you, everyone is dead after one click anyway.

Mk1 Braton/N60 Storm

Tempete_N60.png

250px-Braton.png

These two are rather similar as well. Both appear very early on in the game, and both have a slow-ish rate of fire that can be upgraded. The N60 Storm does look more like a machine pistol, but it does not behave that way. The N60 also has to be bought for a small price.

Furax and others/Walloper

WalloperRC1.jpg

250px-Furax.png

Like the Ignis/Pyrocitor, this comparision was easily made. Both are gloves that punch enemies in the face, the difference being that the Walloper only has a charge-like attack, while the Furax can deal normal smaller punches. Also, the Walloper is just one glove, the Furax two.

I had another one, but I completely forgot what it was. So please do expand the list and correct the details.

So, there you go! Some of the most unique (or not) weapons and abilities of Warframe and their possible origin. DE, I love you for obviously loving Ratchet and Clank.
Edited by Stuifiee
  • Like 1