Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vauban = Trollban...again

Seasonsofclarity

During one of the Corpus Invasion missions, I sided with Grineer.  Our group was inside the boarding pod and had just hit the launch button when the Vauban begins throwing Bounce all over the damned capsule.

First it was just annoying when we were being thrown around, then suddenly two of us found ourselves THROWN THROUGH THE WALLS INTO SPACE.

Not only that, but when the game spawned me back on the platform?  Another Bounce right there, threw me straight off again.  Twice thereafter as well.

So here's the question, DE...does Bounce need to affect players at all?  Or do you need to completely rethink the Vauban abilities?

bounce not affecting players would make it a basically pointless ability. its the users who are the problem. hopefully the reputation system will alleviate some of the instances of trolling and poor sportsmanship we come across from time to time

I'm sorry someone was a $&*^ to you, but if Bounce didn't effect players, I'd unequip. I use it a LOT to get myself up onto higher surfaces to fire down from. It would frankly be worthless if it only affected enemies, it is garbage CC when compared to Bastille. We can;t look to change an ability every time some asshat decides "hey, wouldn't it be funny if...".  We lost useful cooperative uses for abilities in the past due to complaints, let's not keep that trend moving.

DE put in a place where you can be jetisoned into space if you use a movement skill, so we need to nerf the specific movement skill that was used? No lol. DE needs to develop a QA step or test to make sure an area doesn't have those kind of holes. It shouldn't kill you and cost a revive if you go through one, either.

may I ask, what mission is the one that has the pods? I've never tried it even once. kinda curious how it looks

One of the Sedna missions if you side with the Grineer during the current Corpus Invasion.

I'm sorry someone was a $&*^ to you, but if Bounce didn't effect players, I'd unequip. I use it a LOT to get myself up onto higher surfaces to fire down from. It would frankly be worthless if it only affected enemies, it is garbage CC when compared to Bastille. We can;t look to change an ability every time some asshat decides "hey, wouldn't it be funny if...".  We lost useful cooperative uses for abilities in the past due to complaints, let's not keep that trend moving.

So here's a serious question for you then...do you need to be able to place twenty of them at a time?  Or just one?  Cause every instance of Trollban Bounce seems to be from throwing them all over a hallway or walkway and ceiling/wall.

Not to mention I've seen quite a few abilities that have such limited usefulness that there's no point in having them equipped.

DE put in a place where you can be jetisoned into space if you use a movement skill, so we need to nerf the specific movement skill that was used? No lol. DE needs to develop a QA step or test to make sure an area doesn't have those kind of holes. It shouldn't kill you and cost a revive if you go through one, either.

The irony with this statement is that you're focusing on a specific instance of the skill being used to grief, when dozens exist across the forums and chat.

There is a reason I followed up the first question with "or does it need to be rethought".

I don't have any major complaints about limiting the number deployed. I'd like to be able to use more than one though.

Not to mention I've seen quite a few abilities that have such limited usefulness that there's no point in having them equipped.

That is some of the worst logic you could possibly employ, to justify nerfing yet another ability into uselessness. That's like saying "Hey most frames have at least one ability you don't even need to bother to equip, why should this be any different?" We should be striving to have all abilities be useful, not expect a 2/4 or 3/4 build to be the standard.

The irony with this statement is that you're focusing on a specific instance of the skill being used to grief, when dozens exist across the forums and chat.

There is a reason I followed up the first question with "or does it need to be rethought".

What? - I think you lost track of your conversation. You're the one focusing on the skill. I'm saying fix it so people can't go rocketing out of the map anywhere by anything. This is not only done with that one skill, and it is not only done in that one place.

The characters basically broken as a whole. if you run fleeting expertise and streamline you can crash any player in your lobby that has Physx enabled by stacking grenades in the same spot. You can also keep somebody movement locked for like 10+ seconds by massing vortexes on top of them.