Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Event Suggestion - Infested Vs. Grineer [Prova Vandal Release]

TheStag

My idea for a new event has the Infested vs. Grineer, and it will introduce the Prova Vandal and reintroduce permanently infested controlled nodes.

[LORE] The Twin Queens (Grineer Rulers) would start a major offensive against the corpus after Frohd Bek (Corpus CEO) fired Alad V, and there was a power vacuum in the Corpus. The Grineer quickly took over Pluto, and in doing so they found a massive cache of Corpus weaponry. The Grineer attempted to invade Eris, but they bit off more than they could chew. The Grineer unearthed an ancient Orokin Ship (Derelict) that had crashed on the planet, but it was filled with infested. The Grineer sent in their elite troops and exterminated all of the Infested within the first ship, but upon further excavation, they discovered that Eris was an Orokin Ship Yard that was overrun by Infested ages ago. The Infested flooded and and overwhelmed the Grineer, so they called for help. The Grineer asked The Lotus for help, and offered The Lotus for a large amount of Corpus weapons in return. 

[EVENT] Tenno assist the Grineer in exterminating Infested off of the current Corpus installments upon Eris, but the Infested are VERY high level compared to normal gameplay. A player must earn points from running missions. This is not like the Gravidus Dilemma. 

[EVENT GAMEPLAY] A player must run 5 missions against level 150 infested. The player must run solo or with 1 partner. A player must carry a bomb to the core of the base and get to extraction as soon as possible, because placing the bomb will alert the infested. Stealth will be the best option to run these missions. 

[EVENT REWARDS] 

1 mission - Infested Faction Symbol Badge

5 missions - Prova Vandal

10 missions - Choice between 5 Orokin Catalysts, 5 Orokin Reactors, or 5 Forma (recovered from the first Orokin ship unearthed)

[EVENT TURNOUT] Grineer will have control of Pluto and build shipyards there, thus being a new tile set.

Ambulas will be replaced with another boss that drops Excalibur. Grineer will still pay The Lotus for helping the Grineer get a foothold on the edge of Eris, but Eris will be mainly be inhabited by Infested. Phorid will return to Eris, and J3-Golem will be the "Infested Manifestation" when an infestation outbreak covers a boss node. Volt would drop from J3-Golem once again.

*Due to Tyl Regor having Slash Dash, Tyl Regor could drop Excalibur after this event, and Ash could drop from a new Grineer boss on Pluto. 

*Pluto would get a new tile set.

*Eris would not have to get a new tile set, but it would be nice.

Please give positive feedback. I did what I could to make a challenging event that wasn't too grindy, that gave nice rewards, and that gave the infested permanent nodes once again.

The only iffy thing about this is that the Prova Vandal is Corpus Tech, so it doesn't make a whole lot of sense why the Grineer would be able to give out these en mass.

OF course gameplay > logic so nevermind that tidbit.

I think Eris will eventually become an Infested Planet once more, however DE may be trying to incorporate a new boss (I'm looking at you Baphomet).

The only iffy thing about this is that the Prova Vandal is Corpus Tech, so it doesn't make a whole lot of sense why the Grineer would be able to give out these en mass.

OF course gameplay > logic so nevermind that tidbit.

I think Eris will eventually become an Infested Planet once more, however DE may be trying to incorporate a new boss (I'm looking at you Baphomet).

Grineer would find the weapon cache of provas on Pluto, then the lotus would distribute them to Tenno after making them vandals.