The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Rooms' Loading Issue

-CM-Machete

When I focus the camera at a point where i can see another room through a door-passage, I get a weird glitch where in like, lets say 200 ms, i see just white-blue through the door before the room loads. I don't want to make it look like a "first world problem", because I don't care about the graphics, but about what originates the problem.

It happens lowest and highest settings (I never suppose that would change it a bit, since i feel it's a code-rendering  time issue, but I'm not a developer).

My rig:

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570k (no OC)

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 760 Windforce

MOBO: Gigabyte G1 Sniper M3

The game was tested at 1366x768 and 1920x1080 resolutions, in x64 with the 64 bits executable. online and offline sessions.

Enabling or disabling multithreaded rendering  had no effect at all.

Distance from doors doesn't make a difference. It is obviously more notorious on indoor enviroments, I'm not sure if it happens in outdoor enviroments due to being very much bigger than indoors..

I would like to know if the game was coded to load rooms that way or a hardware/software related issue.

In addition:

This bug is similar to a Darkness 2's bug I had on an AMD's APU, where was almost the same, but a yellow background before the room loaded instead. That bug was worst for some people, with textures not loading at all and everything looking yellow (which looks like the default assets' color without textures)

That bug was caused by having AMD's forced AA feature enabled, game worked like a charm when I set the AA to "let application take control" or something like that.

Thank you for your attention and sorry for my bad english.