Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

An Alternative To Lanka's Light.

Kinperor

So I played with my Lanka recently, and of course that means I had to deal with the less justifiable downside of the weapon. I'm of course speaking of this:

1389122187-2014-01-07-00001.jpg

If it's not clear, I'm talking about the big glowy light that appears when Lanka is fully charged. I don't like it for a couple of reason: Firstly, it's superfluous, we already have an UI indicator that Lanka (or Ogris for that matter) are fully charged. We don't need an additional cue to tell us it's ready. 

Secondly, it can block our sight. I'm not even sure why it's still in the game, IIRC that was discussed to hell and back. There's just no value to be found in a particle that blocks the sight on a sniper.

As I see it, it's either a bug (AKA you're not supposed to see it while scoping) and should be fixed, OR it's meant to be that way and DE is maliciously hindering our vision. I dearly hope it's not the latter. 

At any rate, I'm advocating the removal or replacement of the particle. In it's place, I suggest that when Lanka is fully charged, the energy spots on it glows much brighter, or even that new energy spots shows up. 

Basically, I just don't want to have a flashlight in my face when sniping. 

I think the light indicator was there before they added the UI indicator.

Even though I don't use the Lanka I agree. When they made the UI indicator the light was just redundant, and should have been removed. Yes the light can tell the people around you that you are charged, but honestly I don't think the players around you really pays attention to it regardless.

I think the light indicator was there before they added the UI indicator.

Even though I don't use the Lanka I agree. When they made the UI indicator the light was just redundant, and should have been removed. Yes the light can tell the people around you that you are charged, but honestly I don't think the players around you really pays attention to it regardless.

I don't remember the light being there before the crosshair circle. Not that it matters, both are there today and one is more annoying than the other while they both do the same job.

I agree that teammates don't really need to know that an ally's Lanka is charged. Someone could make a case for enemy Lankas in PVP or against Crewmen Snipers, but really, all it tells you is that it's ready to fire, I don't think it's particularly useful information, especially with the drawback of blocking the player's sight.