Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Drakgoon, Why Another Slash Gun? Miter Anyone?

Str4ikkeri

What are you smoking? The innate Puncture on charged shots from the Miter makes it an ideal anti-Infested weapon.

It would seem not the good stuff you are :D You use slash against infested, not puncture. Miter is a sniper weapon, you generally don't snipe infested even if the sniper does the right damage type as infested are a melee type only. Much more sense to change it to puncture and use it as a sniper against ranged enemies like the grineer, even if it isn't realistic that saw blades do puncture. But neither is ninjas in space.

Edited by Str4ikkeri

It would seem not the good stuff you are :D You use slash against infested, not puncture. Miter is a sniper weapon, you generally don't snipe infested even if the sniper does the right damage type as infested are a melee type only. Much more sense to change it to puncture and use it as a sniper against ranged enemies like the grineer, even if it isn't realistic that saw blades do puncture. But neither is ninjas in space.

Are we even talking about the same weapon here? Have you even tried the Miter? It is not a sniper in any sense of the world - in damages enemies in a straight line with innate punch through. Combined with Slash damage, this makes it an ideal Infested weapon.

Are we even talking about the same weapon here? Have you even tried the Miter? It is not a sniper in any sense of the world - in damages enemies in a straight line with innate punch through. Combined with Slash damage, this makes it an ideal Infested weapon.

If only it did punch through without modding it on it. I dunno how your miter works, but mine doesn't punch through a tissue without modding it in, at least not with direct hits. Also, what would you call a weapon, that shoots singular rounds, does charged shots for higher damage, with pinpoint accuracy and uses sniper ammo?

Edited by Str4ikkeri

That's my point exactly! I'm so bored with the stock shotguns and rifles and smgs and whatnot. Miter and Drakgoon are different in a very cool way. That's why it would be awesome to have one of these for each damage type!

Ah! Ok I see what you're saying. Yeah that would be cool. I would have loved both in the old xini days, but now with invasions the way they are, a cool slash weapon is just a sub-optimal corpus weapon for me. Bring on some puncture/impact ones for sure!

tumblr_lxfxt6kLPf1qg0isio1_500.png

Again I have to ask - are you sure you're actually using the Miter and not some other rifle? Fully charged Miter shots do have innate Punch Through!

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Miter

"Charged projectiles penetrate multiple enemies, hitting many in a line."

Yeah I see it in the wiki, I hear you saying it but I'm still not seeing it in-game. Sure the blade, on occasion does bounce around and manage to hit a couple mobs. More often than not though, and by that I mean most of the time the blade simply stops at the first mob it hits directly, unless modded with punch through. I seriously don't know what to tell you. Also, nicely evaded that sniper remark.

Edited by Str4ikkeri

Yeah I see it in the wiki, I hear you saying it but I'm still not seeing it in-game. Sure the blade, on occasion does bounce around and manage to hit a couple mobs. More often than not though, and by that I mean most of the time the blade simply stops at the first mob it hits directly, unless modded with punch through. I seriously don't know what to tell you. Also, nicely evaded that sniper remark.

Then I don't know what else to tell you.

Your Miter must be unique, one of a kind.

Hmm. It works for me as advertised. A full charge attack will plow through lined up mobs. I like using it on Tower Mobile Defense where there are some sections where they just love standing in a line :)  It can be hard to see, but it works!  I'm tempted to max-forma it, but it's just a bit lacking for me... maybe one day. I think its non-sniper mode (normal attack) needs a bit of work, otherwise it's just a cool but really bad sniper weapon. Maybe more ammo would do it, so the normal attack could be used more liberally

Edited by harly

Isn't it that Accelerated Blast is bugged and is calculating the boosted Puncture off the total like an element and not just enhancing current puncture?

It is - it functions like pre-Damage 2.0 mods.

But I think someone from DE mentioning it being visual only.

i hoped the Drakgoon would have fire damage too(perhaps at the loss of some physical dmg)....it's silly it shoots red-hot scrapnel while you can freeze them now (with chilling grasp)....

You can have a freezing flamethrower so...

Suspension of disbelief.

You can have a freezing flamethrower so...

Suspension of disbelief.

not anymore.... now you can get a "radiation emitting cryo sprayer" a "cold-conserved-toxic-gas thrower" or a blast-gun ....so no more a flamethrowing-yet-freezing and whatnot dmg slammed onto it...