The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Stuttering In Game

-Kasumi-

So lately I've been having issues with the game where my frames would stutter in game. No matter where I go I wold get a 10 fps drop or increase every half second, which causes my frames to stutter and making the game very irritating. I can't seem to get to the root of the problem within warframe settings. and that is bothering me. 

My specs:

i7, OC to 3.14

GTX 660 Ti (not overclocked because for some reason the game crashes, latest drivers)

16GB RAM

My temps:

50C for GPU max

42C for CPU max

It can't be my hardware because I can easily run current games with overclock and max settings with absolutely no issues.

So what am I doing wrong? Why does warframe, and only warframe, jump up and down in FPS causing stutter in all missions? (also have been hitting 25 FPS in the last wave of T3Defense. Which with my setup should not happen.

This has been happening to me too and i am in update 13, i have do idea what is wrong. Yesterday it was fine40-60 fps. Now 10fps and so much shuttering that it is unplayable.

This has been happening to me too and i am in update 13, i have do idea what is wrong. Yesterday it was fine40-60 fps. Now 10fps and so much shuttering that it is unplayable.

Try running a verify and defrag within warframe's launcher, let's start there.

• 3 months later...

I can confirm this doesn't work.

If you have an SSD (I personally have no HDD at all), defragging is certainly not going to do much beyond add extra wear and tear.

I've been having the stuttering issue since I started playing warframe in U13 but it got worse in U14. My frame rate varies between 60 and 240 fps... unless the stutter hits, then I have screenshot mode. Hateful.

I'm running a third gen intel core i5 desktop with a GTX 670 with latest drivers. 8 GB ram and windows 7 64-bit. My system performs flawlessly in every other game, including Battlefield 4 with ultra settings, so it's not like I have a rogue process or faulty hardware tearing me a new one.

Updated list of things I've tried (no luck so far):

* Every single option in the Warframe launcher was toggled on/off

* Toggled "windowed mode" (launcher option) plus borderless (in-game option), not only didn't work, it also messed up the hitboxes of the UI

* Toggled vsync on/off (in-game)

* Verified driver (latest official version)

* Verified Windows event log (no errors)

* Verified "dxdiag" (nothing)

Things left to try:

* Turn off all the eye candy and see what happens in *gasp* low graphics mode (please let this not work)

* Screw around with the Nvidia control panel options

* Try an older Nvidia driver

* Rename Warframe executable (might be some wierd optimization for Warframe that driver is applying)

* Beg DE to fix it

Edited by Denkkar

Ever since a couple hotfixes ago (the gamma correction hotfix) Ive started randomly dropping to about 20 frames at random times. I just drop down, then come back up. In all my time playing warframe I've never dropped below 40 frames but now I just CANT stop having small pockets of lag for no reason.

If you have an SSD (I personally have no HDD at all), defragging is certainly not going to do much beyond add extra wear and tear.

I've been having the stuttering issue since I started playing warframe in U13 but it got worse in U14. My frame rate varies between 60 and 240 fps... unless the stutter hits, then I have screenshot mode. Hateful.

I'm running a third gen intel core i5 desktop with a GTX 670 with latest drivers. 8 GB ram and windows 7 64-bit. My system performs flawlessly in every other game, including Battlefield 4 with ultra settings, so it's not like I have a rogue process or faulty hardware tearing me a new one.

Updated list of things I've tried (no luck so far):

* Every single option in the Warframe launcher was toggled on/off

* Toggled "windowed mode" (launcher option) plus borderless (in-game option), not only didn't work, it also messed up the hitboxes of the UI

* Toggled vsync on/off (in-game)

* Verified driver (latest official version)

* Verified Windows event log (no errors)

* Verified "dxdiag" (nothing)

Things left to try:

* Turn off all the eye candy and see what happens in *gasp* low graphics mode (please let this not work)

* Screw around with the Nvidia control panel options

* Try an older Nvidia driver

* Rename Warframe executable (might be some wierd optimization for Warframe that driver is applying)

* Beg DE to fix it

I already tried the things you didn't try, it doesn't work, and if we have the same issues, I doubt it will work for you. But do try it, so you can see that it doesn't.

DE gives no fucks about us, It's just 50-70 people out of thousands. We mean like $600 in cash for them, while keeping the million dollars in check is their goal. 

• 3 months later...

I'm a bit late to this discussion but I'm perplexed that this problem still persists. It happens to me too, granted I have an old machine but this is the only game to have this issue, it is completely unplayable. I can play will all low settings and get 50fps if I'm not moving the camera, if I move the camera or just try do the level it constantly drops to 0fps for about 3 seconds. Inexcusable.