Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Mod Concept]Balanced Range Mod For Limited Range Weapons

IKILLPPL

So I was using Synapse today (pretty good weapon by the way), and there was one thing that really stood out to me: The range. There would be enemies that I would try to hit, and they would just be too far away. So, I came up with a mod idea that would only work on ranged beam type weapons like the Synapse and Flux Rifle. The mod would be a corrupted style mod with a benefit and a detriment.

The Benefit:

The mod would add a number of meters to the range of the weapon, beginning at an extra 5 meters. The mod would be upgradeable 3 times maxing out at an added 20 meters of range. So, it would go 5/10/15/20 as you upgrade it.

The Detriment:

The mod would decrease the damage on the weapon after the original 20 meters to make it not OP. So, the first 20 meters the weapon would deal regular damage, and after that it would go down by a percent. It would start at -10% damage after the first 20 meters at base level. After the three upgrades, it would be at -30% damage after the first 20 meters. The upgrades would go up as -10%/-15%/-20%/-25%.

I don't have a name for the mod yet, but one idea I had was Beam Overextension (totally original, I know). So, I hope my idea is taken well and maybe even put in the game. Thanks for reading this if you did!

Edited by IKILLPPL

Convex Beam Focus

Concave Beam Focus

Both mods would give +X% range, max rank being +100% (important number) 

Convex Beam Focus does 200% damage at point blank smoothly going down to 0% damage out at max range, so in the middle (the old maximum range because we double the total range with the +100% range bonus) where it scales to 100% damage there is no change in damage. You can technically use the beam at a longer range, but you must get closer to get damage.

Concave Beam Focus does the opposite. It deals 0% damage at point blank, 100% at old max (halfway point of the beam), and 200% damage out at the tip of the beam. Again, old max range sees no change but you must be farther away to use the extra damage.

Edited by VKhaun

Convex Beam Focus

Concave Beam Focus

Both mods would give +X% range, max rank being +100% (important number) 

Convex Beam Focus does 200% damage at point blank smoothly going down to 0% damage out at max range, so in the middle (the old maximum range because we double the total range with the +100% range bonus) where it scales to 100% damage there is no change in damage. You can technically use the beam at a longer range, but you must get closer to get damage.

Concave Beam Focus does the opposite. It deals 0% damage at point blank, 100% at old max (halfway point of the beam), and 200% damage out at the tip of the beam. Again, old max range sees no change but you must be farther away to use the extra damage.

That sounds pretty good, but I think 0% damage is unnecessary. Maybe like 5% damage so you don't deal none.