The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cod Player

(PSN)CANTONMENT_FL

Im from the old school FPS like Perfect Dark and Golden Eye 007 on N64. I've been playing COD series mostly but I've played Halo on the 5H!T Box 3 5H!TTy and Section 8 on the PS3. I live Warframe so far but its your typical Free to Play but Pay to Win style of game. You can build anything that you can buy but it would requires 100s of hours if not more. Please hit me up on the PS4

I can't help but feel you are misinformed, it doesn't take that long to get a weapon, you just gotta know where to get the materials. That being said it is a bit grindy but it's in no way pay to win, aside from the soma most of the best weapons can't even be bought with platinum.

Im from the old school FPS like Perfect Dark and Golden Eye 007 on N64. I've been playing COD series mostly but I've played Halo on the 5H!T Box 3 5H!TTy and Section 8 on the PS3. I live Warframe so far but its your typical Free to Play but Pay to Win style of game. You can build anything that you can buy but it would requires 100s of hours if not more. Please hit me up on the PS4.

No.

It's hardly pay-to-win. It's more pay-to-skip-the-grind.

Also Call of Duty was good until Modern Warfare, then it ceased being a fps and became a modern military shooter, and Golden Eye is just a classic.

Welcome though.

Edited by Ground.Zero

Pay-to-win? Not this again. And especially coming from a PS4 user and Call of Duty player. It's the way it works, mate. You either buy it or farm yourself what you want. The developers got to make money somehow, but it's certainly not pay-to-win. You don't get an advantage over other players in any way.

And don't you think you're over-exaggerating? Most recent Call of Duty titles suck up 100$ or more, which include the base game, Season Pass for 4 or more DLCs, each with 4 maps and few cosmetic crap. Each DLC alone is almost 15$.

I have only spent 400 hours in the game and I allready have all the warframes exept for ember prime, frost prime, and vauben and can build any gun I want any time and there are only somewhere around 15 mods I don't have yet so you are drasticly overestimating how long it takes to do anything.

100's of hours to get? if youre referring to everything then youre spot on. i've gathered every warframe, every melee and every primary but only 70% of the secondaries and i have 173 hours.

THIS IS NOT A PAY TO WIN.

pay to win against what? this is a coop game.

Yeah this isn't a pay to win game...

If you include the trading system... you can actually earn everything in this game for free..

You can sell mods for plat....

The more you play the game and depending on how efficent you are you can get everything in this game without paying a penny you can even get character slots and weapon slots.... granted you use the trading system.

I have around 90 hours in this game and have only played for 5 days, and I could have a great deal of warframes but I spent most of my credits upgrading mods to really high levels, and using the trade system to aquire rare maxed mods.

I have only spent 400 hours in the game and I allready have all the warframes exept for ember prime, frost prime, and vauben and can build any gun I want any time and there are only somewhere around 15 mods I don't have yet so you are drasticly overestimating how long it takes to do anything.

"Only" lolol

<3

That's almost bordering on monster hunter territory!

Im from the old school FPS like Perfect Dark and Golden Eye 007 on N64. I've been playing COD series mostly but I've played Halo on the 5H!T Box 3 5H!TTy and Section 8 on the PS3. I live Warframe so far but its your typical Free to Play but Pay to Win style of game. You can build anything that you can buy but it would requires 100s of hours if not more. Please hit me up on the PS4

1/10 troll

But I had low hopes when I saw CoD. The CoD crowd's reputation is well earned and deserved.

Warframe has issues but being pay-to-win isn't one of them. That's one of those inane phrases that people throw around like "epic" without actually knowing what it means.

I've played like a week and I'm a hair away from building Synapse, one of the most powerful weapons in the game. I have two warframes and I'm almost done with 3 more, including a Prime. All farmed.

So unless you think I haven't slept at all for 10 days and grinded solid the whole time, you're obviously misinformed. Edited by Serpentia

I don't think this level of hostility is necessary. The game does have a pay-to-win structure insofar as the real money transaction stuff actually quickens your progress. TC is not wrong in noting this and any perceived hypocrisies in his statements don't particularly change the facts of the matter. Furthermore, being facetious and condescending because of his choice of games reflects atrociously on your personalities as individuals, as well as the state of the community to which this person is being introduced. 

He's enjoying the game so far, or he wouldn't be asking for people to play with and introducing himself on these evidently shark-infested forums. 

I don't think this level of hostility is necessary. The game does have a pay-to-win structure insofar as the real money transaction stuff actually quickens your progress. TC is not wrong in noting this and any perceived hypocrisies in his statements don't particularly change the facts of the matter. Furthermore, being facetious and condescending because of his choice of games reflects atrociously on your personalities as individuals, as well as the state of the community to which this person is being introduced. 

He's enjoying the game so far, or he wouldn't be asking for people to play with and introducing himself on these evidently shark-infested forums. 

I believe what this game has is a Event-To-Win structure.

The only use for plat in this game is to get something ahead of time or just to buy more slots. Plat is completely optional in this game to succeed. Ive seen real pay to win games. In those games you are forced to buy something to continue experience the new content.

I believe what this game has is a Event-To-Win structure.

The only use for plat in this game is to get something ahead of time or just to buy more slots. Plat is completely optional in this game to succeed. Ive seen real pay to win games. In those games you are forced to buy something to continue experience the new content.

slowly over time the stat-writers are getting to grips with unique variety buffs strun wraith-overpowered for a while, machete wraith- what the regular should have been, brakk-bit overpowered only for the perfect damage profiles but the wraith vipers were in that great spot of nice perks but not overpowered compared to the original

Honestly I theory that Warframe is event to win, although will never really be P2W as much as your game CoD.

Also, please don't insult other consoles and then come over to this game and critique it, people work hard, they don't need to be broken down.

Once you know how to do programming and such and build and Xbox One, and run a bushiness  like such then you can complain.

I have a PS3, Wii, and even others, also I heard the Nintendo could and did at times out perform the other Corps. , and 

I know for a fact the channel on Extra Credits on youtube has something on it, go check it out.

Honestly, just don't do it. 

It's a seriously a dark magic of flame bait that I do not want to see running rampant within this bright community.

Honestly I theory that Warframe is event to win, although will never really be P2W as much as your game CoD.

Also, please don't insult other consoles and then come over to this game and critique it, people work hard, they don't need to be broken down.

Once you know how to do programming and such and build and Xbox One, and run a bushiness  like such then you can complain.

I have a PS3, Wii, and even others, also I heard the Nintendo could and did at times out perform the other Corps. , and 

I know for a fact the channel on Extra Credits on youtube has something on it, go check it out.

Honestly, just don't do it. 

It's a seriously a dark magic of flame bait that I do not want to see running rampant within this bright community.

Amen!

Also you did good on the English ;)

Thanks for all of the replies and feedback but I thought this was an Introduction section of the forums. I didn't know I was going to be getting attacked or verbally abused. Any game, either console, pc or app that's allows you to play for free is a Win In my book!! If there's any extra charges like for plat, gems, gold etc then the game would be considered P2W. To win is considered many things to a lot of people, so to own all the warframes could mean winning or completing all of the stages could be, etc. It's nice that Warframe allows you to build the items you would purchase and again it takes forever to someone who don't have much time to play. Of course everyone has RL issues like work, school, marriage, social etc. That's why this game is be around for a while and I will play it as much as I can. When you have experienced all the consoles like I have then you can share your feelings toward that system such as a 5H!T Box. I see the typical COD Bashers lol. It's like this with any game people aren't good at they start to HATE on it. I've seen the same for BF as well. Again thanks for all the replies and thanks to Grailchaser and others for understanding the meaning for this post.

Any game, either console, pc or app that's allows you to play for free is a Win In my book!! If there's any extra charges like for plat, gems, gold etc then the game would be considered P2W. To win is considered many things to a lot of people, so to own all the warframes could mean winning or completing all of the stages could be, etc.

Free-to-play games have to charge players for part of the game to profit, otherwise the game would eventually die and cease to exist. It's not pay-to-win in any way, you can still have everything in this game in just a few hours. Even if you have a busy life, take your time to understand where and how to get what you want, and leave it crafting on the foundry.

Edited by JRMC