The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Crash During Odd (Evolution Engine)

TheExaltedOne

First time it's ever happened, but 38 waves into ODD I experienced the first crash I've ever seen in Warframe.  I know this last hotfix was supposed to fix something about killing certain enemies that caused crashing, so hopefully this is something that should be taken into consideration.

This would also probably be a good time to muscle in a word about the way players' stats are saved; crashing after 45+ minutes of work results in the loss of all xp/items/mods/stats.  This is simply unacceptable.  There needs to be implementations regarding frequent saving of information between mission points in order to protect players against major stat losses like this one.  It would also prevent players from abusing the system and cancelling key-activated missions in order to retain the key while also rerolling for a new tileset.  It needs to be fixed, regardless of how frequent or scarce instances like this occur.

Regardless, the main point of the post is to point out a crash in the Evolution Engine.  I don't know how to replicate it other than trying to swarm dozens of Infested and using explosives (Stug and Ogris) to kill them en masse.

R3qAXYF.png

snip

Although this is coming late as a reply, I can assure you it isn't a memory issue.  Coming from a guy who invested in 16gb of RAM as well as a video card well beyond the necessary requirements for any game currently in circulation, I can say without a doubt that Warframe cannot and will not use any amount of system memory that would cause something like this to happen.

That being said, I think Warframe is optimized very well, contrary to what you may have said.  Have you ever tried playing it on a laptop or non-gaming PC?  The game runs amazingly well and looks fantastic while remaining playable well into the thickness of combat.  This being the first time in over 800 hours played that a crash has occurred in this type of instance is something I think DE needs to look into regarding recent patches/hotfixes.  True, it may have something to do with the frequent problems with Vauban's abilities, but again I have never witnessed it myself after an unhealthy amount of time put into the game.  My computer is much too powerful to experience graphical issues based on memory or outdated tech, so hopefully DE will take notice and investigate possible errors in their Evolution Engine.