Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frame Concept - Bushido

Iridon

This was suddenly inspired as I finally got  my Frost Aura helmet from an alert and was looking at it.  Very large and decorative.  Almost unwieldy. Made me suddenly think of the large things that samurai are fabled to decorate their armor with.  Tenno are ninjas inspaaaaaace! Right? Why not some other social classes? We suddenly found the solar system with a berserker frame and a paladin frame( Which looks more like a druid) . Both concepts that are simple adaptations from many other games right? How far fetched or cheesy would it be to have a samurai? Especially after the melee system gets re-hauled and made a viable option? We haven't gotten a good tanky frame, yeah Valkyr can take a beating but does she feel as heavy as she is? How cool would it be to have a heavy frame like Rhino or Frost again, who feel hard as nails and move like they got nowhere to be, decorated in big square sheets of whatever the hell makes a Warframe, swinging a single handed sword around (After hopefully they get that buff I've been hearing rumors of) and forgetting you had a gun? Maybe even make him a shield tank rather than an armor one just to give some contrast to load-outs?

Proposed abilities:

1: A gap closer sort of mix between ash's teleport  and excalibur's  slash dash. Direct line movement to target at medium/long range, damage solely on that target. Appear on far side of targeted enemy, facing away as you crossed through them with your melee weapon. Meant to be used as a gap closer more than killing potential, but still substantial for the target

2. A range booster and crit chance increase to melee- not to the same extent as Loki or Ash's cloak, but maybe guaranteed half-crit numbers or actually increasing the weapon's current crit chance. Meant to deal with larger crowds of enemies. Possibly extend to team. As for a personal buff alone, maybe even gives single-target weapons the ability to  hit multiple enemies. (better for longswords which actually have a swing arc, arc, or remove galantine's hit restriction)

3. This one I'm not sure about but I was thinking it would be something like  trinity's third as well, meant to absorb and return a percentage of damage. Low number per source, better for taking on large crowds  rather than one big thing. maybe scales by how many enemies are standing within a specific radius

4. Not really sure here, either a similar execution to Ash's forth but in a more sword like manner than jumping around like a ninja.  But the more varied idea with be a short-range  cone attack of massive damage.  On a small amount of targets. Best for getting in close ans singling out one or two heavy units Sort of a slash thing horizontal, or several swings in a brief cinema fashion but only moved the model in one way as damage was applied to a designated box. 

I enjoy all criticism just as much as praise, any opinions please. Just want to know what the community (At least those who read this) thinks of the concept.  Thank you for reading

•  

1) Lame. Mediocre Slash Dash if it hits many targets. Useless if it hits only one, regardless of damage. Decent synergy with second skill, though.
2) Simple but efficient. Useful. Cheap energy cost. I like it. Fantastic.
3) No. Try again.
4) Meh. It kills any one target out right. Useful when facing a single target but the game is mostly about handling 10+ enemies at a time who are shooting at you. Running up to one and using this skill will probably get you killed the vast majority of the time.

Here's a thought: A skill that grants you invulnerability and greatly increased melee damage for two seconds. Killing an enemy adds 1.5 seconds to these buffs. Has an upper limit of 10/13/15/17 seconds or whatever. Works well with the second skill. When used with the second skill, it lets the player dispatch multiple enemies and actually makes the player feel like they're playing a sword wielder. Allows you to get in close and actually use your melee weapon. Using the skill doesn't replace your melee weapon with some useless laser gauntlets. Aka, a fun, not useless version of Valkyr's fourth.