Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mods 2.0 - Small Changes Could Reduce The Pain

tinyrodent

First of all my perspective/bias: I'm an avid player of the game with 10 level 30 frames and most of the weapons. I had about 150 pages of mods in the old system, and a few hundred thousand credits prior to update 7. I've played a fair amount since the update, enough to be somewhat less squishy on a single frame, and somewhat more powerful with a single set of weapons. Most of my credits are gone.

In the update description, it says "old mods are super valuable to level-up new mods". But in practice they are pretty much worthless. It's too expensive to use fusion cores, and selling them for credits gives a very poor return. Meanwhile they clutter up the mod list with ugly repetitive icons that take away from the nice looking new mod system.

Some small changes could go a long way toward reducing the pain of transition to the new system:

- Every frame should come with basic health and shield upgrade mods. It could even start with 0% benefit, ready for fusion to improve it. As it stands now, we must wait for these rare random drops before a level 30 frame can be used outside of beginner missions.

- Fusion cores should cost zero credits to use. There's already plenty of stuff to spend credits on, the cost of fusing new mods together is ok as is.

- Warframe abilities should have some explanatory text so that the player can judge whether it's worthwhile to level them up. Weapon mods already have this and it works well, for example Hellfire mod +10% fire damage - fusing clearly shows the increase in % damage. But Fireball (Ember ability) doesn't show any detail of the improvement when fusing to level it up.

I agree with you, the fusion cores should at least costs less, the rarer the less it costs, it would be great, or even making it easier to farm credits, because after the upgrade the best way i found to farm was selling blueprints x.x

See my topic: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/16374-what-update-7-lacks/ where i pointed more things that are lacking on Update 7, thx :)