Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lf Gorgon Build Suggestions.

IIJetfireII

Question

Hello all,

Well yeah this weapon's old and i sold it back during dmg 1.0, i was kinda disappointed with this weapon that time despite liking it ( i even forgot why xD), although used it only for mastery rank that time as well as with supra, but it seems gorgon is alot useful now, so i just thought to reconsider using this weapon, once i got the gorgon bp from login rewards, i was thinking to build it once i get enough ferrites ( got used up so fast thanks to the stuff that i keep building in the foundry like always -_- ) or nvm that. 

Since gorgon's impact damage weapon and good against corpus faction, could anyone suggest me which build is good to use against corpus effectively. Thanks in advance.

Edited by IIRodimusprimeII

6 answers to this question

Gorgon is usable, not bad but not one of the best weapons either. In Damage 2.0 you can get away with more or less anything if you load the right elementals for the faction/mobs you care of most. As long as you don't try to do T3 or hardcore survival/defences you can shred Grineer and Infested too.

It's horribly inaccurate even on first shot, but gives the right machinegun-like feel. (people cry at this detail)

So, mods that increase fire rate to make its spin up time faster, usual damage mods and elementals for the faction you are fighting, mods that give it punch through are a must-have (Shred is perfect). Also the corrupted damage mod is good on it (as it is horribly inaccurate in any case, so the mod's accuracy nerf is irrelevant)

As for the rest it's basically a long-range Ignis, shooting into crowds and corridors does wonders (especially with punch through), but you will need a sidearm with good long-range accuracy and possibly some ammo replenish gears.

So yeah, it does need to be handled in a different way than your usual rifle, you will be using the secondary weapon more often than you do with Soma or Ogris or Synapse or whatever.

Edited by bobafetthotmail

Gorgon is usable, not bad but not one of the best weapons either. In Damage 2.0 you can get away with more or less anything if you load the right elementals for the faction/mobs you care of most. As long as you don't try to do T3 or hardcore survival/defences you can shred Grineer and Infested too.

It's horribly inaccurate even on first shot, but gives the right machinegun-like feel. (people cry at this detail)

So, mods that increase fire rate to make its spin up time faster, usual damage mods and elementals for the faction you are fighting, mods that give it punch through are a must-have (Shred is perfect). Also the corrupted damage mod is good on it (as it is horribly inaccurate in any case, so the mod's accuracy nerf is irrelevant)

As for the rest it's basically a long-range Ignis, shooting into crowds and corridors does wonders (especially with punch through), but you will need a sidearm with good long-range accuracy and possibly some ammo replenish gears.

So yeah, it does need to be handled in a different way than your usual rifle, you will be using the secondary weapon more often than you do with Soma or Ogris or Synapse or whatever.

oh k i am aware of some parts that are important, so i guess i ll build and check it out, thanks for giving a little light on gorgon mate :D