Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

On Procs

Genoscythe

Hello,

First off, I want to say that I find the idea of having procs for certain damage values good, it brings a bit more variation to the damage type you like than just pure numbers.

So, but as we all know, procs can suck, they can be annoying, they can be hell for you and kill your favorite frame in just a second.

Because enemies have chances for procs too.

I find it bad that procs are decided by RNG, rather than by the skill or hit-rate of a player/enemy.

Having procs like slash damage appear on you because a grineer grunt gets a lucky shot on you and drains your health without you having anything to do against it is quite unfair, and has nothing to do with skill in my opinion.

I think that this can be circumvented by changing the way how procs work for enemies and players, but if this would work only for enemies id be good with it too:

Instead of a random value/chance to proc, give it a build-up!

Instead of having a % chance to deal a proc, give it a rating that builds up the proc value, if you have built it up enough, the proc will be triggered.

Example: My synapse deals 200 electrical damage, with a build-up of 10. For a grineer lancer, you need 20 proc points to shock the brains out of him, so I need to shoot him 2 seconds until the lightning effect triggers.

Of course the proc deteriorates if I stop shooting the enemy.

How to indicate this?

Just give players a build-up bar to indicate if he better get to cover and let it deteriorate at a certain rate.

It basically works like the bleeding and poison effects in Dark Souls, if you know what I mean.

The easier option would of course be to just remove procs by enemies, and make them only possible for players.

So, do you think this would make a good option, or shall we just leave it RNG?

Nah, by their very effects many status procs are worthless for players except in some very specific scenarios (extremely high level or some bosses).

Bleeding? What for, you'll keep shooting at them until they die.

Half-damage on one unit? Players rarely get killed by one enemy, it's concentrated fire that brings us down. And enemies don't last long enough to make good use of this benefit (same problem with bleeding).

DoT? See Bleeding.

Some are decent, but most are not.

Genoscythe the problem does not come from status proc, it comes from the new delay of continuous weapons makin them awfull to use (and in addition reducing by A LOT proc chance)

Im not talking about only continuous weapons, but yeah the new delay makes them quite ineffective, I even need half a second to shoot a loot container if I dont take my laser off it.

The probem with procs in general is that you cannot rely on a random chance, the biggest problem being bleed damage that you get from enemies, you cant do anything against it and you cant forsee it.

Nah, by their very effects many status procs are worthless for players except in some very specific scenarios (extremely high level or some bosses).

Bleeding? What for, you'll keep shooting at them until they die.

Half-damage on one unit? Players rarely get killed by one enemy, it's concentrated fire that brings us down. And enemies don't last long enough to make good use of this benefit (same problem with bleeding).

DoT? See Bleeding.

Some are decent, but most are not.

The problems are rather if you get proced, not the enemy. Stalker can bring you down in 1 hit if he procs you (about 200-400 health damage per second)

I think the best procs are corrosive(armor reduction) and blast(knockdown)

I hate these bleeding procs that bypass shield and sometimes bleed you to death in 3 seconds at full life, and sometimes barely scratch you with the same visual effect. Nota : it don't seem that I have make any mobs bleed to death myself, but them they do it all the time...