The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nova

Finaros

This is entirely ARBITRARY.  It's just an article of FAITH.  It is ABSTRACT.  You are blindly prejudging a game before you even play it.  Nova is not too powerful at all.  Everything less than Nova is weak and an outlier.

^ Agreed. Not enough people stress that enough. To call Ember and Mag balanced and that their kit is useful in a variety of situations are absurdities. 

This is entirely ARBITRARY.  It's just an article of FAITH.  It is ABSTRACT.  You are blindly prejudging a game before you even play it.  Nova is not too powerful at all.  Everything less than Nova is weak and an outlier.

What Nonsense, Nova is the outlier....not most of the other frames. Nova is completely overpowered and only becomes reasonable well beyond the point most people play to. This does not make a frame balanced and during the period before even Nova becomes outclassed, the game is very unfun for other people on the team.

An outlier is an observation that lies an abnormal distance from other values in a random sample from a population. In a sense, this definition leaves it up to the analyst (or a consensus process) to decide what will be considered abnormal. Before abnormal observations can be singled out, it is necessary to characterize normal observations.

Edited by DaveC

What Nonsense, Nova is the outlier....not most of the other frames. Nova is completely overpowered and only becomes reasonable well beyond the point most people play to. This does not make a frame balanced and during the period before even Nova becomes outclassed, the game is very unfun for other people on the team.

An outlier is an observation that lies an abnormal distance from other values in a random sample from a population. In a sense, this definition leaves it up to the analyst (or a consensus process) to decide what will be considered abnormal. Before abnormal observations can be singled out, it is necessary to characterize normal observations.

Nova is normal.

If Nova is normal, who are the ones stronger to balance out the weaker ones, IYO?

Here is your answer:

Seeing as you said Nova is normal, is any frame not 'normal' then?

I'm not the won making "balance" arguments.  I'm just holding you guys to your own standards.  By your own definition, "normal" is a matter of opinion.  And, your own definition says nothing about higher or lower, just abnormally distant from whatever arbitrarily chosen point somebody chose.  But, in the end, it's your verbiage, not mine, and it's not even conclusive.  It's just a pile of opinion regardless of whether you got to it through a calculator or just got bored and fell asleep at the keyboard.

I never gave a definition, that was DaveC.

My point still stands.  You guys are the ones making the "balance" arguments that amount to nothing more than "The game must be my way because REASONS.  You are wrong because REASONS.  You must accept because REASONS. ....."  You guys have no reasons.  All you have is opinions like anyone else.  Just like the people who play Warframe because they feel it's fun.  Just like the people who do not play Warframe because they feel the game is not fun.

I could ask you the same thing.  You think that Nova is OP.  What of it?

The 'what of it' part for myself is as I said, I don't like how she is and thus I gave my feed back of what aspects I think needs work and suggestions of how to change it to be less OP. Giving DE what they asked for. Does such bother you?

The 'what of it' part for myself is as I said, I don't like how she is and thus I gave my feed back of what aspects I think needs work and suggestions of how to change it to be less OP. Giving DE what they asked for. Does such bother you?

I could same say thing for myself along those lines too.  So could anybody else.

I could same say thing for myself along those lines too.  So could anybody else.

That's the point. If you noticed, I never told you not to give your thoughts, I actually asked for more reasoning that you had to come to the point you did.

Raise the level of the Sawmen.  It'll also help solve the difficulty problem in the game.

In other words, we can have fun without balance. Therefore, balance is unnecessary.

Are you ******* kidding me? This entire post is so bad I am not even going to refute it. Like literally, anybody who agrees with this shouldn't be giving feedback because they don't even understand what they are giving feedback about. It would be like a person for the dark ages giving feedback on a car having no prior experience in the 21st century.

Until somebody can prove to me that buffing other frames will work, or nova is not unbalanced, I consider this argument to be over.

(Especially considering people are still calling things "just opinions" is a valid argument, those people piss me off because they don't know what an argument even is.)

Are you ******* kidding me? This entire post is so bad I am not even going to refute it. Like literally, anybody who agrees with this shouldn't be giving feedback because they don't even understand what they are giving feedback about. It would be like a person for the dark ages giving feedback on a car having no prior experience in the 21st century.

Until somebody can prove to me that buffing other frames will work, or nova is not unbalanced, I consider this argument to be over.

(Especially considering people are still calling things "just opinions" is a valid argument, those people &!$$ me off because they don't know what an argument even is.)

In other words, you don't have a real answer but you are pretending to withhold one.

Edited by ThePresident777

I've been making that point all by myself across these forums for months now.  I didn't need your help.  Others could use your help though.

Then you should also not stop people for giving their own thoughts, even if they disagree. If they are vulgar or insultful towards your stance, why join them and do the same to their stance? If they don't want to listen they don't have to. The point is not convincing them but convincing DE, if they have a silly thought, don't debate it and let it be unrefined, less likely DE would care about it.

Then you should also not stop people for giving their own thoughts, even if they disagree. If they are vulgar or insultful towards your stance, why join them and do the same to their stance? If they don't want to listen they don't have to. The point is not convincing them but convincing DE, if they have a silly thought, don't debate it and let it be unrefined, less likely DE would care about it.

You're wrong.  My advice to DE is:

I'm asking DE to see past nerfs and buffs and realize that differences within player bases are unavoidable.  You can't cram a whole lot of people into a tiny little sand box, at least not for long.  They should make room for a variety of players.  Of course, games have themes and should be true to them.  But, it is helpful to have niches, especially when people are complaining about the sad state of deer hunting on the shores of Omaha beach during D-Day, figuratively speaking.  Sadly, too many gamers can't see that and will not ask for it, of course.  They will ask for the entire game to be to their liking, even when the game is true to it's advertising or theme, and shun any niche other than their own as if someone else getting a turn at momma's breast means that they will starve.  All that can be done with their miserable rants is take it as advice on how to construct their niche, such as missions and game modes/challenges, not advice on how to tailor the entire game.