Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Health And Shield Suggestion

Spectralis

In keeping with the current mod system, why not give Health and Shields their own permanent Card Slot for each Warframe. This means that the Warframes will have an additional 2 slots, but those are permanently occupied by a Health and a Shield mod. The base value of Health and Shields can be different depending on the Frames themselves, but the key thing is they can be upgraded through the usual mod fusion (or maybe through level ups... but then might as well make it a passive built in stat...) for flat Health/Shield bonuses up to a max level. The max levels could also vary depending on Warframe so not every Warframe ends up with the same amount of Health and Shields at max level. And since these mods are permanent and cannot be removed, they would take up no mod energy (or w/e the points are called).

In addition to these 2 fixed mods, it would still be possible to find the % health/shield increases (although their values would have to be adjusted) and use them as well.

Of course how they upgrade would have to be adjusted carefully as it shouldn't be too easy to upgrade the base health and shields to the max amount. Maybe make them cost no credits, but can only be upgraded with Fusion Cores of a certain rarity depending on the current level. The level of these Base Value mods could be tied to your level as well, so you'd have to be level 30 in order to get the Base Value mods to the max level.

Well, just some ideas I had while running random missions.

In keeping with the current mod system, why not give Health and Shields their own permanent Card Slot for each Warframe. This means that the Warframes will have an additional 2 slots, but those are permanently occupied by a Health and a Shield mod. The base value of Health and Shields can be different depending on the Frames themselves, but the key thing is they can be upgraded through the usual mod fusion (or maybe through level ups... but then might as well make it a passive built in stat...) for flat Health/Shield bonuses up to a max level. The max levels could also vary depending on Warframe so not every Warframe ends up with the same amount of Health and Shields at max level. And since these mods are permanent and cannot be removed, they would take up no mod energy (or w/e the points are called).

In addition to these 2 fixed mods, it would still be possible to find the % health/shield increases (although their values would have to be adjusted) and use them as well.

Of course how they upgrade would have to be adjusted carefully as it shouldn't be too easy to upgrade the base health and shields to the max amount. Maybe make them cost no credits, but can only be upgraded with Fusion Cores of a certain rarity depending on the current level. The level of these Base Value mods could be tied to your level as well, so you'd have to be level 30 in order to get the Base Value mods to the max level.

Well, just some ideas I had while running random missions.

I actualy really really like your idea -

although, with the cost that fusion cost, I'm not sure i'd be that easy to max both out without massive farming -

The problem is they'd have to take 0 drain for obvious reasons and also for the overall drain cost which is balanced for 6 slots + powers.

Yeah I did mention they should take no mod energy/have 0 drain cost. Could have worded that a bit better i guess.

I like the general idea but I think it would be a little to powerful and also limit flexibility. If I want to make a shield focused frame and sacrifice health for shield recharge for example, I wouldn't be allowed to do that. I think a better solution would be to just give frames bonus health and shield based on level. This would solve the problem of level 30 frames not being any stronger than level 0 frames without mods and also make the base amounts higher so the percentage based mods are more effective if you do choose to use them.