The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Connection Issue: Ports Blocked After Midnight - Read

Gne1senau

Dunno if anyone else is having this issue too, or if it's just me and some sort of localized issue.

I noticed that after playing Warframe at night, after 12:00am Midnight I am unable to JOIN sessions with friends, JOIN squad, or JOIN any games with other players. It just sits there saying "Waiting for players..." on the mission loading screen and not doing anything. The same thing happens when a friend tries to invite me. Just says "Waiting..." and nothing happens.

When I log out or exit the game and log back in, I get the error that my ports need to be forwarded on my IP address. My roommate and I both play Warframe and we have our games set to separate ports which he has made sure are open on the router. I can also connect fine during the day or evening.

It always happens after midnight. I don't know if the servers refresh or my ISP is refreshing something at midnight that is @(*()$ up my ports.

I am posting here to see if anyone else is having this problem, and whether or not it may be something that Warframe or the servers are doing. The friends that I play with never have this issue and one of them lives near me and is on the same ISP. Any help would be apprecited!

EDIT: Roommate tested his game. He can connect fine. It's something with my PC, but why every day at midnight?

Edited by Gne1senau

Sounds like possibly a software firewall's scheduled access/restriction, check Windows Firewall settings. Or possibly a scheduled task of some kind in Windows. Run schtasks /query from a command prompt, and look for anything scheduled around midnight.

Either that, or your roommate is having a laugh by restricting non-http ports to your PC past midnight, via the router configuration. The ports are getting blocked (or stop being allowed) somewhere, and if he can still connect, that pretty much limits the possibilities to the router and your PC.

The only thing that I could find right at midnight was a System Restore. I just reinstalled Windows before Xmas so I haven't bothered to fiddle with all of the settings yet. I don't remember if it was doing this before I reinstalled Windows.

Also, my roommate is an A+ certified computer and network tech. I'm sure he has the modem/router configured properly. The last thing he wants is to listen to my nagging him about helping me to get my game to work, so I doubt he's doing something on purpose.

I couldn't find anything with the Firewall, but again I am not that familiar with its layout and where I'd find such a setting. However, if it happens again I'll turn off the Firewall to see if it's the culprit.

On a note, I was able to log in last night around 1:30am and play the game without any issues. Still a mystery.