Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Endless Defense Improvement Idea

LightningLith

Now i know there's been a lot of debate on the endless defense mode aka babysitting mode by many, so the good guys at DE made survival for us which i quite enjoy but i still think that endless defense playing experience can be improved!
So this came up on my mind playing Lares defense for the first time today; so in the rooms at the extremities of the map
where the enemies spawn(where you're not near or in them), in these rooms there are vent tunnels(now inaccessible);
now, it would be awesome that these vent tunnels made accessible take you to the cargo docks where the enemies are boarding the asteroid from;
and what if the cargo door has a health bar and taking it to zero the door get disabled for some time so the enemies cannot arrive from that direction, after some time the door will repair itself and the enemies will be able to arrive from there again; and maybe put a boss, based on the faction your fighting there to defend the door.
This will put a bit of spice in the game cause someone from the squad needs to leave the defense of the pod to go disable the door.
Now i know you'll tell me what's the point of this then? Just stay at the pod and help defend it!; yup you are right and to fix that i would also propose that every 10 waves there will be a "special wave" where there are more enemies than usual and if you don't destroy at least like 1 or 2 cargo doors in that wave in the next 5 waves there will be a major amount of enemies.

I already know that not all will like this, i just wanted to spill out this idea cause i think it would spice things up a bit in a sometimes boring, corner sitting, penta/nova spamming mode.
Expand on this if you want i would like to hear further ideas on this!