Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Tried Warframe And Loved It!

Fadeway

Heya, newbie here. This is my impressions post.

The game is great. I've participated in many betas over the years, and this is the smoothest experience I've ever had. No crashes, no lag, no fps drops, and the game performs unexpectedly well on my 5yo machine. The game not only plays well, it looks gorgeous. All hail the devs!

The gameplay is tons of fun too. Solo is neat, but playing with a group is even better. I played with my brother, and while there isn't any teamwork to speak of (at least with the beginner frames, everyone's just running around and shooting whatever they want), having more people around is definitely more fun. Playing a space ninja robot wizard with guns is quite fun, especially since the character not only looks like a space ninja robot wizard, but also moves like one. All hail the devs!

A worry I had at the start was that the missions were quite easy. They quickly ramped up though, forcing me and my brother to recklessly burn through the daily revives. All hail the devs!

A flaw is the lack of information. For example, I spent a while trying to figure out how to save the paint scheme on my warframe - pressing "Arsenal" made it reset, and there was no confirm button. I figured it out eventually, but it would've been great if I didn't have to figure it out myself. Melee weapons in the game are impossible to distinguish in the market - there is only a bit of info about damage and attack speed (and even that is not available in some interfaces). Either those power gloves are exactly the same as my starter sword and several other weapons, or vital tooltip information like range has been completely omitted.

I'm also worried about the composition of the marketplace when it comes to platinum. I loved seeing that even items that can't be bought for credits can be indirectly obtained by getting a blueprint and manufacturing them. I don't know how hard that is, but assuming the material costs are reasonable, I can say about the marketplace that it feels just right. Inventory slots seem a bit tight, and I wish more colors were open for customization - which is, well, exactly how I should feel. Weapons and blueprints seem grindy to get without spending real money, but not impossibly grindy. As a player, I'd love for stuff to be cheaper and for credits to be easier to get; however I'm not sure if the market is perfectly balanced or just a bit too stingy. In any case, what I do know is that I don't want it getting any stingier :)

TLDR: Great game with a lack of tutorials and tooltips that is typical of a beta. Thanks devs!