Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Simple Torid Buff

mynameisd

That would instantly break it and making it Overpowering, even if its speed was to be unaltered. That is a poor decision with no counter balance or trade off.

...You're kidding, right? This isn't the Acrid or Dual Vastos or something. The Torid is slow as hell; making it automatic wouldn't affect its fire rate at all.

OT:

I'm fine with its semi-auto firing. Slow or not, there really isn't much reason to make it automatic. With its small clip size, high damage per projectile, and long reloading speed, it's a you-don't-want-to-miss-these-shots weapon by concept.

For such an expensive weapon, though, I was very, very disappointed in its reload speed. And ever since Damage 2.0 came out and slowing down enemies was no longer an option, that pretty much terminated Torid from the list of high-tier weapons. 

My suggestions:

- Improve reload speed to make it more easily spammable. Or

- greatly improve its proc chance, so a modded Torid will be as reliable as a modded Tysis. It fires very slowly and has virtually nonexistent CC-ability except on Infested Defense, so it wouldn't be broken at all.

The issue is you are only looking at it in a End game scenario. Try to think of it from the start to the finish. The weapon would not case so well and it will break the flow of the game even more then it already is. If you want to fix a single weapon in such a manner it would break all others in comparison.

Yes, some tweaks would help the higher tier combat, but at the cost of destroying the lower tiers as the same time. Your intentions might not be that but many others will.

You seem to be modding it poorly too. My group uses the torid all the time and we take it up till Level 40, before any really game stopping issues show up. That's why we carry a secondary to complement that falloff and help the rest in the fight.

The issue is you are only looking at it in a End game scenario. Try to think of it from the start to the finish. The weapon would not case so well and it will break the flow of the game even more then it already is. If you want to fix a single weapon in such a manner it would break all others in comparison.

Yes, some tweaks would help the higher tier combat, but at the cost of destroying the lower tiers as the same time. Your intentions might not be that but many others will.

You seem to be modding it poorly too. My group uses the torid all the time and we take it up till Level 40, before any really game stopping issues show up. That's why we carry a secondary to complement that falloff and help the rest in the fight.

You're overexaggerating the awful dangers of giving the Torid a helping hand. It's not going to "break" or "destroy" anything.

It's a Mastery Rank 4 Clantech weapon. It should function like one. 

You're overexaggerating the awful dangers of giving the Torid a helping hand. It's not going to "break" or "destroy" anything.

It's a Mastery Rank 4 Clantech weapon. It should function like one. 

What about the Mastery 6 common pool weapon which are flat out better then anything in the clans arsenal. If you fix one you have to fix them all, its a known fact in gameplay balancing. You cant be so closed to the fact its not just the torid, its the whole dang library of weapons we have at our disposal.

I have to say, I'm not impressed with mine thus far. 46 mod energy, and the only kills I get are from direct impact. So... less of a toxin grenade launcher, more of a very slow rifle with bullet drop and travel time.

The wiki says the clouds are ~5 meters, which seems... horribly wrong. I'm thinking maybe 1 meter at best, and that seems way too small for what is apparently designed for area denial.

What about the Mastery 6 common pool weapon which are flat out better then anything in the clans arsenal. If you fix one you have to fix them all, its a known fact in gameplay balancing. You cant be so closed to the fact its not just the torid, its the whole dang library of weapons we have at our disposal.

When did I say anything about the game's other weapons not needing balancing...

When did I say anything about the game's other weapons not needing balancing...

You never stated that they didn't nor that they did. All you suggested was a single weapon gets a fix, which could easliy and quickly be picked up by a large mass of users in a way which would quickly scale the weapon to an off the charts level. Just by your original post alone, a group from my clan found 3 ways to abuse the system. Which are so simple, it was ridiculous.

All I've stated is, if you make a post make sure to leave as little loops as possible. Also put thought into different aspects of game that aren't just high tier missions and baddies.

You never stated that they didn't nor that they did. All you suggested was a single weapon gets a fix, which could easliy and quickly be picked up by a large mass of users in a way which would quickly scale the weapon to an off the charts level. Just by your original post alone, a group from my clan found 3 ways to abuse the system. Which are so simple, it was ridiculous.

All I've stated is, if you make a post make sure to leave as little loops as possible. Also put thought into different aspects of game that aren't just high tier missions and baddies.

You know, if you're against the buffs that someone's suggesting, you might want to explain why the suggestions are bad instead of going off on a tangent. Could've saved a buttload of text.

Kindly state the ways to abuse the system so I can consider revising the suggestion. I assume one of them is going to be Explosion locking with the high proc chance... nothing that the Tysis can't do, naturally.

Edited by SortaRandom

You know, if you're against the buffs that someone's suggesting, you might want to explain why the suggestions are bad instead of going off on a tangent. Could've saved a buttload of text.

Kindly state the ways to abuse the system so I can consider revising the suggestion. I assume one of them is going to be Explosion locking with the high proc chance... nothing that the Tysis can't do, naturally.

Currently the mastermind who said it all went to bed, but one was if it was to be semi, a simple Macro would break it. Spamming hundreds of shots in a fraction of a second. As well as speed and punch though mods if it was to be bottomless, to get the field littered with gas like a vauban and tesla when he has a ton of energy.

He listed a few more but I'm sleep deprived to remember the other bits. (aka Im heading to bed now)

Currently the mastermind who said it all went to bed, but one was if it was to be semi, a simple Macro would break it. Spamming hundreds of shots in a fraction of a second. As well as speed and punch though mods if it was to be bottomless, to get the field littered with gas like a vauban and tesla when he has a ton of energy.

He listed a few more but I'm sleep deprived to remember the other bits. (aka Im heading to bed now)

... Was the mastermind joking?

- Automatic weapons are still capped by their fire rate. Only continuous weapons are exploitable with macros, unless that's been fixed.

- Even if automatic weapons are exploitable with macros, good luck doing anything with that with 5 ammo per clip and a 3-second base reload time.

- I haven't confirmed this yet, but I'm fairly certain that "explosive" projectiles (Ogris rockets, Torid pods) don't explode on anything that doesn't stop their motion entirely. Meaning that they'll pass through walls and only deal their physical damage to enemies that they touch, but there are no explosions until they hit an impenetrable wall or reach their punch-through limit.

1: It should deal Gas damage because it makes too much sense.

2: Damage output should be about a third the damage of the Ogris or Penta per second. Keeping enemies inside your shots should be rewarded, but since it's a lower Mastery rank than the aforementioned weapons it should be weaker unless you can keep them in for very long periods of time, which rewards planning of your shots.