The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] A Weapon With Spinning Attack > Charged Attack.

Barda1

I might be alone in this, I have no idea, but I'm no real fan of charge attacks. I do however like the spinning attack, it can be used in an instant and turns some lower level weapons into rather ok ones. This is mostly due to the multi-hit strike but also because of the increased damage.

When looking around on the wikia I saw that no (Edit: heavy) weapon what so ever had a higher or equal spinning attack/charged attack. Just for the sake of variation, could there possibly be some weapons that could benifit from a "high spinning damage attack"? It's not too easy to use as you're constantly on the move, and I can't see it as game breaking. Charge attacks are easy to land but slow/stationary. Spinning ones are fast and on the move while harder to land, seems fair?

I can't say which weapons would be the "logical" choice, but as many find Fragor and Magistar a bit on the lower end perhaps Maces? Not the usual way to fight with them but - heavy thing at the end of a stick - seems to be reasonable for "damage bonus from momentum" as the spinning attack kinda is.

Thx for reading.

Please comment if you want to.

Edit: After looking at every weapon I saw that there were quite a few weapons that had higher "slide attack" damage as it is called on the wikia. But there is no heavy weapon that has it.  150 is also the highest damage done by any slide attack, compared with rather many 200 damage chargers and the odd 400 of Galantine.

Anyway, it could be a nice touch :)

Edited by Barda1

You are not going to find a galatine equivalent but dual ethers pretty much destroy stuff in their path. Slide attack is an easy, quick,  safe and heavy-count attack for which you have the downside of lower damage. On the other side, if you maximize sldie you also maximize normal attacks where as in charge you don't. 

I myself have an orthos prime, and even though it only has 100 slide damage it's enough to blaze through >30 enemies. And with sneak bonus it's just brutal (loki, excal, ect). 

Well, like the poster above mentioned, nice thing about spin attacks is that they scale off reg. attack mods, which gives them a nice edge in making a versatile weapon. Now don't get me wrong here, I do know where you're coming from and would also think it's cool if there was a weapon that particularly benefited from the mechanic "in a difrent way from Zoren coptering anyway. XD" I just think you're giving too little credit to the current spin attack.

As it is, it's plenty effective, and I will say flat out that I disagree with you on the bit that it's difficult. It's unorthodox compared to other shooters that don't offer such mechanics, but easy to exploit the moment you get the hang of it. Which isn't that hard at all.

Also, don't sweat it too much over melee. There's a major re-work in the process for it, so I'd recommend holding off on the changes suggestions till it's out and thoroughly experienced by the player base.

Edited by Eruend

snip

snip

I've used every melee weapon except the whips iirc, and while pressure point and spoiled strike gives +190% damage together the spinning attack it is still outdamaged by killing blow + 150% and corrupt charge +100% (250). I'm not asking that these should be changed, just that it would be fun with some variation. Perhaps something for a future weapon :)

I do agree with you Eruend, the thing I meant is that it is "harder" to to apply damage to a target as you can't "stay there". Yes, it's great that the damage is based on the same mods which regular attacks use, that makes it somewhat balanced. But I still can't see it as being a bad thing?

There is nothing against a weapon - in game or comming - to perhaps have an alternate focus.

Obex has that 1000 damage on wall attack, which is fun, but extremely hard to utilize (at least for me).

I'm also of the opinion that while melee 2.0 is comming, DE are still working on stuff, and they can't see what I'm thinking so at least now there is a chance. If this is totally useless in 2.0 so be it, I'm not losing anything :)

Simple - could it be something? Would you considder it? Variation can be good.

I'd say a sliding charge attack is harder to pull off than jut slide and press E

It probably is ;P

What I meant was that it's harder to kill a target with spinning attacks than with charged ones as you have to bolt away before you can attack again, while charge attacks can be used at constant with some charge up time in between.

It probably is ;P

What I meant was that it's harder to kill a target with spinning attacks than with charged ones as you have to bolt away before you can attack again, while charge attacks can be used at constant with some charge up time in between.

And most people that survive a charge or slide are likely to be something like an ancient rapist disruptor or something like a napalm so you gotta get out of range before pain happens anyway.

And most people that survive a charge or slide are likely to be something like an ancient rapist disruptor or something like a napalm so you gotta get out of range before pain happens anyway.

But is it something you're against? Would it be a bad thing if some weapon had a high spinning damage?