Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Flux Rifle, Mechanic Tweak Suggestions

Makya

Currently I am using the Flex Rifle, working towards giving it a few [Forma] though I find it rather lacking for several reasons, I want to know how others feel on the matter.

This weapon is a 1/1/12 continuous fire weapon, which results to 147 damage per second, which is greater than one of its its peer the Ignis which offers 103 dps, but this is a wide AoE. When compared to its single target peer the Synapse it is not close(18% less then) to the base value at 180 damage per second, this gulf widens drastically from the Synapse's crit based nature. Rather than simply request for more damage I would like to see the Flux rifle become slightly more different and unique.

How about changing the Flux Rifle into a more efficient continuous weapon with a focus? Changing the fire rate from 10 down to 5 and increasing the damage from 1/1/12 to 0/0/30. This would increase the ammo efficiency of the weapon compared to either of its peers.

For the unique aspects of this weapon I propose two additions:

1) Similar to the Lanka, I see the Flux as a weapon that would benefit best from having innate Punch-through even if it is only on unit rather than cover which would help it against its original victims the most, swarms of light units, Infested.

2) Similar to that of the Acrid, I believe it would be interesting to give the Flux Rifle a increased or guaranteed slash proc to targets swept over by the beam, the bleed damage adjustable by the slash damage of the weapon but not the elements.

What do others think of these additions/changes?

Edited by Makya

flux is horrible and outperformed by synapse and soma

atm its nothing but a mastery weapon

I have mine at 4 or 5 forma and I regret the time and effort and potato I put into it

Would you use a weapon for something other than 'More DPS', such as for its alternate capabilities?

It should have innate puncture imho. But yes, it needs something to give it a bit more oomph. Not too much, though. I believe it should be an anti infested weapon first and foremost, or at least be better at it than the synapse. Infested are melee and run in lines, hence the puncture effect. Halving fire rate and doubling damage would indeed be a nice step forward too.

Edited by Ratiasu

ignis is low range and hit multiple enemy, medium damage

synapse is low range and hit single enemy, high damage

flux has total range and hit single enemy, medium damage

you got to choose what you want man, you can't have everything

besides that, yea, the flux could have a little something 

Edited by Starender

I'd agree with either one of your suggestions, both seem to be appropriate. I too potato'd and put 3 formas in my Flux before the nerf and then dmg 2.0 hit. Now it is my biggest regret of my resource investment in the game.

However, I'd like point out the lack of news or updates on any of the existing research weapons. And, that new store-bought weapons are significantly better and released fairly often.

I get the feeling we're supposed to forget about the weapons we invested in and buy the new guns.