The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Vauban's Vortex Needs To Be Made Usable Late Game

-pollar

Vauban's vortex ability is badly in need of a rework. The way it works is great, and is easily his best power, but when the amount of enemies affected by it gets too great or lag is involved, the power becomes unusable. For example a tower survival late game with lots of ai, i put a few vortex's around to stop the enemys from firing and also to pull them into a tight group for easy puncture kills, this can badly overload the game and cause all but the host to drop to unplayable levels of FPS, this is the main problem i have with vortex and it really is a turn off as i have stopped using it lately to be fair to those who aren't hosting. The other main problem is when lag is involved (being from Australia its a common occurrence). Lets say i place a vortex, it will pull you in for a second then only effect you in minor ways, but lets say your not host and its lagging that initial effect will last for a noticeably longer time if not for the duration of the power leading to rather annoyed teammates along with close encounters with toxics. The second problem isn't the biggest deal but something needs to be done about the fps during congestion, I'd take a stab and put it down to all the rag-dolling but i can't say for sure. i have also heard someone complain about low end pc's suffering from tesla spam but this has not  been a problem for me.

Edited by poIIar

For a little extra added on there, the effect of Vortex from lag, on a client, is much worse than back when the skill first came out,  if you're standing near it and get sucked into the center, chances are you aren't getting out until the skill ends...

For me at least.