Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stealth/saboteur Warframe Idea

(PSN)Evilman520

This is just a rough layout I came up with one night after hearing a few friends discussing ideas for future frames. Feedback and/or support would be much appreciated. Names are subject to change.

So far, DE has had a consistent pattern of making a frame for almost every element: Fire, Ice, Poison, Psychic, Deception, even Life and Death. With the arrival of the "Light" frame, Oberon, I realized that there isn't technically a "Dark" frame (Although, Nekros and Ash are pretty close, Nekros represents death while Ash, in my opinion represents either blood or...well... ash). I wanted to try to think of something that could fill the overall feeling of the element itself. Darkness is meant to be mysterious, unpredictable, maddening, and even frightening. Through this, I created my version of the dark elemental warframe: Erebus. The name derives from the Greek primordial diety of darkness, consort to Nyx (this little detail actually comes into play in part of Erebus' abilities).

Name: Erebus

Role: Stealth/Saboteur

Bio: Mastery over darkness grants this Tenno frightening manipulative control of battle –whether it be through his enemies or himself.

Shields: 100 (300 at rank 30)

Health: 100 (300 at rank 30)

Armor: 40

Stamina: 80

Speed: 1.2

Energy: 100 (200 at rank 30)

Blind: Erebus shrouds all enemies’ eyes and ocular sensors with darkness, forcing them to rely on sound in battle.

-all enemies within a 10m/15m/20m/30m radius are unable to visually detect enemies for 15s/10s/15s/20s. This is affected by power duration

-While affected, all enemies revert to an unalerted state.

Shadow Cloak: Erebus covers his body in shadow, granting invisibility at the cost of movement speed.

-When activated, Erebus becomes indefinitely invisible and temporarily immune to damage and knockbacks for the first 5 seconds upon activation. This is not effected by power duration.

-The invisibility effect is indefinite, but shooting, attacking, rolling, or being damaged after the initial 5 seconds will break the invisibility. Bosses will still be able to detect Erebus.

-While invisible, Erebus’ movement speed is reduced by 60%/50%/40%/30%. This is not affected by power strength.

-While under Shadow Cloak, Erebus can use Blind, Corruption, and Nightmare without breaking stealth.

-Shadow Cloak increases the damage of the next attack used by Erebus by 200%/300%/400%/500%. This is effected by power strength.

Corruption: Erebus infects the minds of all nearby enemies with darkness, forcing enemies to lower their guard and succumb to madness.

-All enemies within a 10m/15m/20m/30m radius have their armor reduced by 10%/25%/50%/75% and damage reduced by 5%/10%/15%/20% for 10s/15s/20s/30s. This is not affected by power strength

-All affected enemies have a 5%/10%/20%/30% Chaos chance upon initial activation, attacking both allies and enemies. Bosses and Capture targets are not affected by this.

Nightmare: Erebus uses his foes’ own shadow as a weapon, impaling them from beneath.

-Deals 400/700/1,000/1,300 puncture damage to all foes within a 10m/15m/20m/30m radius. This is affected by power strength and power range.

-This ability does not affect flying foes or foes in mid-air during activation.

-This ability bypasses armor and defensive mods such as Retribution, Iron Skin, Link, Rage, Steel Fiber, and Quick Thinking. Does not bypass Blessing’s Invulnerability.