Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Theia, The Optic Warframe

Shanicus

Theia, the Optic Warframe shares her name with the Greek Titan Goddess of Sight, with all her abilities revolving around vision or light in some way. While I don't have any concept art of her (I'm a terrible artist), her most distinguishable feature is her helmet- initially it appears as if she has a large metal block over the top half of her face, but whenever she uses an ability it flips up to reveal a large 'eye' that fuels her powers.

Her Abilities:

Piercing Stare: Focuses a high-powered stare at an enemy, dealing 100/225/400/500 piercing damage against a target in front of Theia, also punching through them for 1/2/3/4 meters. The 'Stare' lasts for 50 meters unless it runs out of Punch Through first. Costs 25 Energy.

-Increasing Power Strength increases the damage dealt.

-Increasing Range increases the Punch Through distance.

Brilliant Light: Focusing her power, Theia fills both herself and her allies with a shining light, giving them a reduction in power cost of 5/10/15/20% and increasing ability damage, range and duration by 4/7/10/15% for 3/6/9/12 seconds. Costs 50 energy, affects allies within 50 meters. Cannot be cast while anyone is under it's affect.

-Increasing Power Strength increases the value of the damage/range/duration buff.
-Increasing Duration increases how long it lasts.

-No way to increase the reduction to power cost.

Optic Blast: Theia unleashes a high-powered blast directly in front of her, dealing 350/500/750/1200 Fire/Impact (50/50 split) damage in a small area directly in front of her and knocking enemies back, also knocking herself back slightly due to the force of the blast. Costs 75 energy, hits all targets within 4/6/8/10 meters in front of her.

-increasing Power Strength increases both the damage and knockback of Optic Blast, including the knockback Theia suffers.
-Increasing Range increases the radius of the blast.

Radiant Pulse - Unleashing a light blast of energy, Theia tags all nearby enemies with ionized radiation, dealing 100/200/300/400 Radiation damage to them and causing all tagged foes to be visible through walls and floors for 5/10/15/30 seconds. The ionization of the tag also renders enemies more vulnerable to status procs, increasing the chance of a proc occurring by 15/25/35/50% and increasing all Proc damage by 15/25/35/50%. Base Range of 25 meters.

-Increasing Power Strength increases the initial Radiation damage and the Proc Chance and Damage buff.
-Increasing Duration increases the time the enemies are tagged and visible.
-Increasing Range increases the range and strength of enemy visibility (they pulse for longer and harder, with a visual similar to the Scanner).

Her Stats:
125 Shields

60 Health
65 Armor
225 Energy
1.1 Movement Speed

The way I envisioned her was as a frame that can have three different roles, dependent on her abilties used - she can run a damage set with Piercing Gaze and Optic Blast, as a Ally power conduit with Brilliant Light and a rare Proc-buffing frame with Radiant Pulse. She's not much of a solo frame as her abilities are best used in groups - Brilliant Light and Radiant Pulse to buff different aspects of her allies and Optic Blast to knock enemies away from a downed ally or a defense target.
Stat wise I made her a little bit reversed of Nova's glass cannon nature - very fragile HP wise, but a decent amount of shields to tank some damage, though it'd be best to keep her moving rather than trying to soak up fire, casting her buffs from safety.

So, what you think? Interesting concept, or horribly overpowered idea?

Edited by Shanicus

good concept but i would say horribly overpowered if you consider the possibilites of the current mod section... cut all the % in half and you get something viable ... the same for the dmg it should be half of the values you specify [for excample frost avalance maxed without mods do 1000 dmg and its a 4th skill] then you should have it more fine

good concept but i would say horribly overpowered if you consider the possibilites of the current mod section... cut all the % in half and you get something viable ... the same for the dmg it should be half of the values you specify [for excample frost avalance maxed without mods do 1000 dmg and its a 4th skill] then you should have it more fine

Yeah, that's a good point - I was trying to balance them towards just the 30% buffs from the base mods, but with the 100+% bonuses of maximization it might get a bit ridiculous (especially with 120% Proc Chance). Damage wise I did screw up there - I was basing it off Excalibur's numbers, but I forgot he only did 500 max with Slash Dash, not 1000.

cool, but isnt Radiant pulse almost the same as M.prime but with out the detonation at death

Yeah, it's a bit similar - but instead of a pure damage buff It's a proc buff. We got the Proc mechanic introduced, so I figured having an ability that worked around that instead of just pure damage output would be interesting. It's also a little like Sonar in that it reveals enemies (just not on the minimap or with a vulnerability), so it's a bit of a frankenstein's ability at the end of the day.