Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Idea For A Better End Game

NoirProxy

Something that has always stuck in the back of my mind in WARFRAME is "What is the point?", "Why are we playing this?". If you think about it on a design level the game is basically you playing the same levels over and over again until you reach one level with a boss. The problem is that once you have defeated those few bosses what do you have left?

The game is closing in on release and from what the community has discovered is that the game can be steam rolled within a week if you feel like it. This had me thinking of a potential way to add longetivity to the core game and have people working towards something together, or solo.

I was wondering what kind of ideas people could think up of that could be implemented into the game to keep players coming back? To fight the good fight for the Tenno cause.

One idea I have been having is one where each planet consists of a certain level of Grineer, Corpus, Infested influence. Maybe it could be a bar meter that has red on one side and blue on the other. The red bar is obviously enemy influence in the sector, while the blue bar is the Tenno.

Now this kind of works like the concept of Mob squad challenges. Basically the WARFRAME community needs to work together to shift the meter from blue to red and remove enemy influence. The trick is that this influence system also rewards players with a certain item, xp, mod for completing the sector in a certain amount of time.

Say the challenge was to have the community to wipe the sector of Corpus rule within a week. If you do it within a week you gain the item or a batch of foundry materials that would take ages to get overwise.

Now one major problem at the moment is that early levels generally get abandoned once you move onto the later planets. So I feel like this might be an awesome solution. There could also be a challenge for the entire month where the whole community has to constantly keep all the sectors clean but the thing keeping them active is to have the influence of the enemy constantly growing like a tug of war.

Even more is that for every player that dies in a level, the enemy influence gains a bit more aswell. Now seeing as DE want to make as much money as possible I feel that instead of offering booster packs and what not they could instead be clever with gameplay implementation. Revives for instance once emptied would inspire players to refill more to continue the fight and help the community win those items and foundry materials.

To make the levels more challenging too you could have harder enemies to fight once the enemy influence in that sector starts to be nearly empty. That means that players would have to work within teams to make that final push for complete control of the sector.

This also works with the Marketplace. For the most part I don't need buy health kits or ammo packs. There just never feels like a demand for them because the enemy always drops enough ammo. You want the players always striving for something and so having players needing to resupply with ammo packs and health kits by continously fighting that enemy influence would be a major carrot on a stick. Picture it. Your players are in a frontline war for control. They need to resupply especially if the enemy is getting harder near the end of their influence. Players will go "If I have these ammo packs for this defence wave before Grineer influence takes over then I may stand a chance of holding my ground in the level and gaining that victory and control for the community " Same with team medkits and such.

This also then goes into the Warframes. At the moment some aren't used as much as others. We want people using characters like Trinity. So having players go "Right well we are about to make the big push to complete control. My team consists of Excalibur, Excalibur, Excalibur, so I think it will be best if I could Trinity to give my team the medical support they need. This is the final fight, I need to take action and play my part".

What are your thoughts?

Edited by NoirProxy

The same or similar proposals were proposed before. Planetary control and dynamic sol system.

Essentially, Warframe needs a competitive PvE side improve to compensate the lack of PvP content. I suspect that after DE sorted UP7 mess out of the way, we might see one improvement to clan-based gameplay in UP8, the clan update.