The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Open World....

ttv_Typical_Tilly

The dynamic events aren't alltogether too likely to happen, but there is a hub area planned.

Dynamic events are already implemented in a form of Alert system. DE can expand it into something worthwhile instead of artifact looting mission.

As for open world, it's unlikely that it'll ever happen in Warframe since proceduarally generated map is the main design for Warframe's map. We might see more 'psudo' open maps in the future but real open world like Skyrim or Firefall is out of question. However, I want to see different tileset chained together in one mission.

Dynamic events are already implemented in a form of Alert system. DE can expand it into something worthwhile instead of artifact looting mission.

What he meant by dynamic events, or so is implied, a massive-scale battle to defend the Orokin Tower against an attacking fleet or some such, encompassing all the players who were in the Tower at the time.

first I would like to say as I had over and over (people don't really watch the Q & As?) I haven't watched the second one yet as I am currently busy but, new maps, new mission types are on the way to give variety I believe they are just in the works. Honestly, open world takes away the feeling for me you are invading a base, ship etc. Also, I am interested in how the tower will be implemented I am just waiting to see as that will be our social hub either for clans or maybe the groups we were in a mission with who knows.

guys how about this we keep the solar system right and each planet would have its own hub world to do stuff in.not too big so they will blow a bunch money and make the game fell less space "ninjaish" maybe even hunting animals for credits.maybe chasing down a specfic and hard to find enemy or boss across the system for a butt load of credits componets and maybe a exclusive weapon you can not even buy with platinum :3 you make every body happy and they can have a place on a planet to go on missons from or the solar system we have now. i think it would be awesome and we will not have to go running around for hours just to get where you want to go and to do your misson

Open World? NOoooooooo. Sorry but this game isn't made for open world, as some people said it will be a completely different game and I totally agree with them.

As for exploration, bigger maps, definite yes! I would like to see some animals, wildlife, habitats, and beautiful landscapes.

Going into the jungle to hunt down wildlife towards the brink of extinction because of the Grineer/Corpus and preserving + saving them?

Not all wildlife are friendly though, some would range from hostile to very hostile. Maybe wildlife like in AVATAR? (We're definitely not going to ride flying pterodactyls though)

Edited by Zed0

I think some main hub would be nice idea (Global Agenda was for some time "open world game" only in main hub (dome), where shops/market were and added real open world later) - you could there sell stuff in auction house (as I understood it will be done later), train in "Virtual Hub" your moves, attacks and test new weapon combinations [something like when you had tutorial] without death penalty and/or enter arena for PvP (if it will be later made)). And it wouldnt be so hard to make it - simply it could be basically 3 or 4 largest map parts from missions pieced together permanently (and slightly edited) in some kind of spaceship which could be simple reachable via any button up top.

It would be best compromise between openworld demand, current game and add little more sociable elements into game where current chat isnt satisfying social feature and many new players dont bother to chat or speak in missions (they dont want to or dont know how to).