Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Would Anyone Use The Physical Damage Mods?

Zhizn

I'm not even sure how to react to this... I was constantly boosting the Impact on my Karak.  Using basic common sense, it is obvious that mods like Rupture or Sawtooth boosted the base damage, just less than Serration.

Now you're saying that they do not boost damage with the same mechanic as Serration?  That is so counter-intuitive...

Do we have any "official" confirmation on how the equations work?  The only thing I can use is the UI screen, and as we all know, the UI is a festering pile of lies.

Why would DE do it that way?  I just can't fathom it...

I'm not even sure how to react to this... I was constantly boosting the Impact on my Karak.  Using basic common sense, it is obvious that mods like Rupture or Sawtooth boosted the base damage, just less than Serration.

Now you're saying that they do not boost damage with the same mechanic as Serration?  That is so counter-intuitive...

Do we have any "official" confirmation on how the equations work?  The only thing I can use is the UI screen, and as we all know, the UI is a festering pile of lies.

Why would DE do it that way?  I just can't fathom it...

this has been tested to hell and back mate, and yes it is totally counter intuitive, I was doing the same as you for far to long for the same reasons.

Guest Shibboleet

But is that because guns are already powerful, or because we can add 150% more damage to them in the form of a element? (not even getting into the ridiculous combo of serration + multi-shot + elemental mods)

You could say that element mods stack too well with serration/multi.

i use the pistol puncture mod on top of hornet strike on akboltos because they strongly amplify the elemental damage of the weapon while having no effect on the bolt spread, which on that weapon, isn't really great to begin with. also when a weapon's base damage balance is highly skewed in one direction, like say... slashing damage on the DrakGoon, it's another way to get more out of your elemental mods when the base number they're adding from is considerably higher.

i use the pistol puncture mod on top of hornet strike on akboltos because they strongly amplify the elemental damage of the weapon while having no effect on the bolt spread, which on that weapon, isn't really great to begin with. also when a weapon's base damage balance is highly skewed in one direction, like say... slashing damage on the DrakGoon, it's another way to get more out of your elemental mods when the base number they're adding from is considerably higher.

I have never seen physical damage mods apply in this way as it pertains to elemental damage - in my experience, adding physical damage mods to a weapon does not alter the elemental damage output in the least. Can you post screenshots to show what you mean?

You are simply wrong! it only adds to the puncture it does not increase the elemental damage at all.