The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Less Of A Suggestion More Of A Question To De.

(PSN)Azure12513

I'm hoping by posting this I get a legit response. From a lot of forum posts I've read and my own personal experiences via in game. A hotly debated topic is the scaling of ability damage  in accordance to the scaling of enemy levels.

First of all is this a valid complaint? The reason why anyone would stay in a survival/defense mission beyond level 30 opponents is for either farming or the mere challenge aspect. That's where this suggestion to scale ability damage falls short IMO <again I could be wrong in my assumptions>. If abilities scaled it would take away from the challenge aspect. 

Secondly; some warframe abilities require the target's death to work properly <ie. Oberon's Reckoning to name one>. This is where I think the scaling suggestion becomes valid. If a frame has an ability that relies on killing the opponent to produce a desired effect but the ability is so diminished to even be a viable way of dispatching anything then what's the point?

Why does the community want ability damage scaling? I like hearing others opinions because my very own ideas could be completely misplaced to begin with.

My main question to DE is; do you guys plan on making damage scale past a certain opponent ranking later on in development or do you plan on keeping it as is?

I'd love to hear from peer input on this subject so feel free to post<by all means correct me if I'm wrong on any of this because my knowledge of the topic is newby at best ^_^>.

i will add only one thing.

beyond a point, you cant survive without nova debuff (molecular prime) and a competent trinity / nekros, and even with that, your weapons do NOTHING after some point, that should never happen in a game.

the use of mandatory frames and weapons to be able to survive is not a good game mechanic, should be about ability and skills, not godframes and ubersomas.

so yeah, the scalating of enemies is still a problem.

How would you guys go about fixing such a problem? I haven't done t3 or 100+ waves yet so I've only heard rumors of it being bad, but from what you guys are saying it's completely out of hand. I posted this cuz I definitely saw a damage drop off after 50 wave and it made me a bit concerned. So the problem goes beyond just warframe ability damage... Ouch.

Ability scaling is an issue, but really only in endless game modes. Fixing abilities to work properly across all enemy levels would be the elegant and future-proofing solution, but that's too simple. It's more likely we will get band-aids in an ever-growing power creep until a rework that will painfully rip them all off and send the community in a rage of "they changed it, now it sucks" and "how dare you nerf my 'Frame".