Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Adding More Fun To Kestrel & Glaive: Supercharge!

Namacyst

I know it sounds a little bit derpy when i say "I had a dream about..." but it's true. I really had a crazy dream about warframe where i used Glaive and i could Supercharge it instead of just Charge-Attacking.

It had different Effects when you supercharged it like double the Bounces, homing bounces, explosive bounces, Wormhole impact (first enemy hit causes the Glaive to cast Mags Pull Ability and then Glaive returns.. lol), Orbit Sweep (no bounces but Glaive flys as it were circling (orbiting) the location where it would normally be when thrown, greatly increasing it's flight time and as a result it's reach to each side) and other fun stuff.

So.. what if...

..Glaives, Kestrel (and other future Melee weapons with a throw-charge attack) could be supercharged via a Minigame where just before the Charge animation would end a popup is shown for 0,5-1 second where you have to press another button to enter supercharge? Buttons Could range from Left, Right, Forward, Backward, Duck, Jump, Warframeability 1-4, Reload and you have to be real quick to press it while still holding charge melee. If you are succesfull your chargeup time will extend for ~2 seconds (depending on mods) until your throw is supercharged. A Supercharged throw would have a random additional effect (i like homing bounces & explosive bounces but that's DE's area of expertise what to add). It would require some skill to master supercharge and would add that portion of RNG DE loves in everything ^^

BUT.. you had to Supercharge it with something.. and i don't mean raw muscle power (or else Rhino would just obliterate everything ^^). This is where drain comes into effect. To Supercharge a Melee weapon you need Energy (i thought about shield drain but since you are standing significantly longer to supercharge that would be bad). So everytime you Supercharge you use up 25 Energy or something to make your attack stronger and to prevent it from being spammable.

TL;DR: Make throwing-melee superchargeable via Quick-time-event-like minigame, draining Energy for additional random Effects on Glaive/Kestrel Throw.

That is what Warframe needed, QTEs.

QTE's may not be the feature Warframe needs.. but it is what it deserves :D

If you have a better idea of how to implement a good and fun mechanic to Supercharge a thrown melee then go ahead and post it. Good ideas have to be made public.

Edited by Namacyst

There was a hold button combo (first unlockable) for Daggers in KoA. I wish throwing weapons can teleport and hit one target multiple times in a row from different directions like that
Maybe another mod...

Edited by Skynin

Dark Sector's Glaive had this mechanic.  The "Power Throw" ability caused your Glaive to deal 4 times it's normal damage if you released it exactly when the charge completed. (You could hold it past that, but you would only deal normal damage.)

Dark Sector's Glaive had this mechanic.  The "Power Throw" ability caused your Glaive to deal 4 times it's normal damage if you released it exactly when the charge completed. (You could hold it past that, but you would only deal normal damage.)

Due to the current charge mechanic a release as trigger for a supercharge is not an option.. and it would conflict with the feeling of "adding more power" to your charge.