The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Luck Is The Only Way To Progress In Update 7.

CosyPigeon

That is problematic, as it means, you can play for 20 hours without finding one.

Unlikely if you're grinding the right missions. After quite a few of the posts in here I've specifically went and grinded m prime to see how long it would take me to get a vit mod and I've consistently been able to get one in under an hour of play. Every. Single. Time.

Edited by Aggh

Lol if an HP mod can't get you through the entire game you can't be helped. 5 ranks in it gives you 300% health. It's over kill even on its own.

THERE HE GOES AGAIN, LADIES AND GENTLEMEN

ROUND AND ROUND HE GOES! WILL HE EVER STOP? NOBODY KNOWS

Unlikely if you're grinding the right missions. After quite a few of the posts in here I've specifically went and grinded m prime to see how long it would take me to get a vit mod and I've consistently been able to get one in under an hour of play. Every. Single. Time.

and as I told you: your personal experience is entirely irrelevant to this discussion. That you can get vit mods very often does not mean that you might not get them after 10 hours of playing. RNG owns you.

and as I told you: your personal experience is entirely irrelevant to this discussion. That you can get vit mods very often does not mean that you might not get them after 10 hours of playing. RNG owns you.

I guess the 15 vit mods that I've gotten every time I've specifically went out to grind for them means nothing. Here, I'll start grinding M prime right now. See you in an hour. In the same manner I can say that you have literally no idea what the loot tables or drop rates look like so it's just as ridiculous to say that RNG is such a powerful factor as you are implying it to be.

Edited by Aggh

@Aggh

You CAN NOT get the Nyx warframe without a shied mod. The boss has an unavoidable level wide scream that hits for over 600. You will be hit at least 3 times, so unless you are rocking 1800+ HP or bring a Trinity, you need a shield mod. Same with the Frost warframe and Kril, if he hits you with his hammer, you go bye bye, unless you have the shields to take a hit.

So the RNG factor has effectivly limited the content that a player has available. HP alone is NOT ENOUGH. so quit trying to make it out like it is, you obviously have not attempted everything in the game yet or you wouldn't be here trying to convince eveyone that HP alone is enough.

@Aggh

You CAN NOT get the Nyx warframe without a shied mod. The boss has an unavoidable level wide scream that hits for over 600. You will be hit at least 3 times, so unless you are rocking 1800+ HP or bring a Trinity, you need a shield mod. Same with the Frost warframe and Kril, if he hits you with his hammer, you go bye bye, unless you have the shields to take a hit.

So the RNG factor has effectivly limited the content that a player has available. HP alone is NOT ENOUGH. so quit trying to make it out like it is, you obviously have not attempted everything in the game yet or you wouldn't be here trying to convince eveyone that HP alone is enough.

Eris is level 30-40, ie the point at which I have said in multiple posts through out this thread that shield mods start becoming more necessary. I have never, ever said that the shield drop rates aren't problematic. Just that they aren't quite the limiting factor that the OP has made them out to be (ie locking you to mecury). Please keep it up with the straw men though.

Edited by Aggh

Eris is level 30-40, ie the point at which I have said in multiple posts through out this thread that shield mods start becoming more necessary. I have never, ever said that the shield drop rates aren't problematic. Just that they aren't quite the limiting factor that the OP has made them out to be (ie locking you to mecury).

And Phorid is a limited factor yes?

And Phorid is a limited factor yes?

How the hell does a level 30-40 boss keep you locked at mercury and unable progress through out the game? Go farm xini or something, you're always going to have to farm to make your weapons and frames more effective regardless of how many shields you have.

Edited by Aggh

Eris is level 30-40, ie the point at which I have said in multiple posts through out this thread that shield mods start becoming more necessary. I have never, ever said that the shield drop rates aren't problematic. Just that they aren't quite the limiting factor that the OP has made them out to be (ie locking you to mecury). Please keep it up with the straw men though.

I belive you may be mistranslating something. When people say "locked to mercury/venus" I take it as.

"gee I can't accomplish anything end game related till I have decent enough stats. Well I guess I am locked to mercuy till I get that shield card...le sigh"

I can go to jupiter and pluto defence missions with a group of friends sure. But that will not help me in getting a shield mod as the drop rate for common mods in high level areas is next to nil. So yes if you want a shield mod to accomplish high end content, you are "locked to mercury/venus"

The point is the 2-3 most important survivability mods, seem to drop soley in starting zones. If they dropped in every area with relative frequency, this wouldn't be an issue. The point is, it is bad design to FORCE high level player back to low level grinds just so they can get back to the areas that are their level.

If this was any other MMO it would look like this. Farm this rare lvl 1 shirt off bunnies on noob island, so you can go kill the dragon raid boss later.

It makes 0 sense.

Edited by Splosions

How the hell does a level 30-40 boss keep you locked at mercury and unable progress through out the game? Go farm xini or something, you're always going to have to farm to make your weapons and frames more effective regardless of how many shields you have.

I'm not sure if you're making random word digs just to make yourself sound justified now.

What that guy meant that it's impossible to farm for Nyx without shield mods. Hence shield mods is a limiting factor for progression in this aspect.

Aggh, if you have noticed, ALL of your arguements have been counter argued, and you have been using the same old points AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN. Just. To. Make. Yourself. Sound. Righteous.

http://img854.images...olution0132.bmp

OH MY. WHAT COULD THIS BE?

I'm not sure if you're making random word digs just to make yourself sound justified now.

What that guy meant that it's impossible to farm for Nyx without shield mods. Hence shield mods is a limiting factor for progression in this aspect.

Aggh, if you have noticed, ALL of your arguements have been counter argued, and you have been using the same old points AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN. Just. To. Make. Yourself. Sound. Righteous.

I suggest you go and read the actual arguments that you're responding to. Because you're clearly skipping over important parts.

Edited by Aggh

Good for you Aggh, you found a vitality mod. It is rare, not next to imposible like shield mods are, which is primarily what this whole thread is about.

Actualy this thread is about how the only way to progress through the game is to get lucky with what mods you get. So you only prove that point, you got lucky. You still can't progress through the entire game till you get a shield mod. So have fun on mercury till you do. Let me know how you feel in a week when you still don't have one.

http://img854.images...olution0132.bmp

OH MY. WHAT COULD THIS BE?

I suggest you go and read the actual arguments that you're responding to. Because you're clearly skipping over important parts.

OH MY. Someone has a vitality mod, let's clap.

Read my other post. I CLEARLY posted that health mods are slightly easier (at least it seems to be the case for you and me) or shall I stoop just as low as you and post screenshots of all the vitality mods I have?

Once again, you're making a molehill out of nothing, what you quoted(farming nyx and shield mods) doesn't have any link to what you said(vitality mods).

Good for you Aggh, you found a vitality mod. It is rare, not next to imposible like shield mods are, which is primarily what this whole thread is about.

Actualy this thread is about how the only way to progress through the game is to get lucky with what mods you get. So you only prove that point, you got lucky. You still can't progress through the entire game till you get a shield mod. So have fun on mercury till you do. Let me know how you feel in a week when you still don't have one.

You might have missed it, ~30 minutes before starting to grind for that mod, I specifically said I was going to grind m prime for vitality. I could go do it again and still get one in under an hour. I've got 16 of them though so I'd rather just go grind xini for mods.

https://forums.warfr...220#entry165736

@your ninja edit: you'll note that the vit mod stuff is above the quote and clearly not addressed to the post I was quoting. I suggest you calm down, read carefully, and address the actual arguments of the person you're responding to. It's tiring to have to re explain plain english.

Edited by Aggh

You might have missed it, ~30 minutes before starting to grind for that mod, I specifically said I was going to grind m prime for vitality. I could go do it again and still get one in under an hour. I've got 16 of them though so I'd rather just go grind xini for mods.

Edited by Splosions

I stated playing warframe about a month ago. I will agree that the changes from 6 to 7 have been rather large. While I don't agree with progression in warframe being strictly based off of RNG, it does serve a purpose. RNG keep players, like myself, constantly looking for the one thing they need. So how do you solve this problem?

1.) Adjust warframe starting stats: Maybe 75s and 75hp made sense when you had a skill tree to put points into, now with everything being based off mods, altering the base stats may provide the extra cushion for new players to learn the tactics on how to survive.

2.) Adjust the mods values: Rather than having a linear percentage growth ex. (40, 80, 120, 160...) have it follow a more radical curve. ex. (150, 230, 280, 310...) The idea is that the mods you find will provide more weight at earlier levels and allow players to progress to different areas to farm.

3.) Have ? mission offer a choice of rewards: Simple along with the possible artifact or BP have it offer the player 3 mods to choose from, one defensive, one offensive and a misc/warframe ability mod. This would at least guaranty a HP/S/AR mod for players to choose for their warframe.

4.) Have the players Mastery reward them: Currently I am Mastery(rank?) 3 working to 4. All i have to show for it is a couple of unlocked weapons and a warframe. Have benefits for getting that number up. Have rank 2, which is not difficult to achieve, add 100HP and S. Notice add this would not get added into formula when using mods. Plus it feels like and actual reward.

I like the RNG, and I love this game. Take the time to try and do something besides complaining. This is still beta, there is time to polish this into the jewel we know it can/should be.

https://forums.warfr...220#entry165736

@your ninja edit: you'll note that the vit mod stuff is above the quote and clearly not addressed to the post I was quoting. I suggest you calm down, read carefully, and address the actual arguments of the person you're responding to.

Let's all be productive here.

I have got 4 or so vitality mods in the past hour on M prime trying to farm for Banshee parts. So it's safe to say that M prime is a good spot.

you suggested Xini too.

1) M prime

2) Xini

Anything else you'd like to add? Because after this, if you repeat the same thing over and over again, you'd be what everyone calls a spammer.

And I like how you casually ignored my post which rendered you utterly speechless.

I guess I've gotten lucky 16 times in a row. And here, I'll start grinding again and get lucky in less than an hour again.

You still can't progress through the entire game till you get a shield mod. So have fun on mercury till you do. Let me know how you feel in a week when you still don't have one.

Small ideea : each planet has Materials that drop, you can see them before you decide to que. Why Not make mods the same way : earth can drop defensive mods. Harder Planets can have way better mods etc. And drop rates shoud be...fair.

Let's all be productive here.

I have got 4 or so vitality mods in the past hour on M prime trying to farm for Banshee parts. So it's safe to say that M prime is a good spot.

you suggested Xini too.

1) M prime

2) Xini

Anything else you'd like to add? Because after this, if you repeat the same thing over and over again, you'd be what everyone calls a spammer.

And I like how you casually ignored my post which rendered you utterly speechless.

You clearly didn't read the original post that responded to the issue of phorid so I'll link you to it again.

This time I suggest you use your full powers of reading comprehension:

https://forums.warfr...220#entry165836

That's not even remotely true so I don't know why you bother posting it. There are at best a small handful of missions where shields are absolutely necessary. The setinel's guardian function can more than make up for it. And end game missions still do not have any relevance to the argument that I've presented in this thread: shield mods do not lock you at mercury and only start becoming necessary in the level 30+ missions. For those of you that don't know, that actually includes phorid.

Edited by Aggh

There are at best a small handful of missions where shields are absolutely necessary.

can't progress through the entire game till you get a shield mod.

I am so happy we agree on something.

So have fun on mercury till you do. Let me know how you feel in a week when you still don't have one.

You clearly didn't read the original post that responded to the issue of phorid so I'll link you to it again.

This time I suggest you use your full powers of reading comprehension:

https://forums.warfr...220#entry165836

Wait what? I kindly requested you to be productive in helping to list out the useful methods of farming vitality or shield mods and you told me to re-read your phorid post?

I beseech your highness to maximize your brain power into reading.

Yeah, oooooor the Dev's could make their progression not entirely luck based, and I could enjoy taking a risk during game play everynow and then.

actually the old system used mods as well and with the currect mods you where rediculess op. what i find bullS#&$ is that the old system did exactly what the new system does overpower you like fck if you got the right mods, so why did they strip us naked and remove all the hard grind we did for our mods to just force us to do it again to end up in the same situation of opness -.-

Also, on phorid:

http://img26.imagesh...2188/phorid.jpg

edit: just realized that pic didn't show my shields. If you don't believe me I'll get on to recording it when I have the time.

http://img191.images...275/phorid2.jpg

edit: rendering video now.

Cool beans. With guardian and steel fiber I took a grand total of 25ish damage from the scream, the rest from when I had to take a phone call and a random charger ganked me while I was afk. Only thing I'd do different is run pistol scavenger since I had to use a pistol ammo pack. Could farm it all day long. The AI on phorid is incredibly stupid and gets caught on door ways so the only thing you're at any risk of taking damage from is the scream. So yes, you can get away with it without a shield mod.

Edited by Aggh