Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thunderbolt Mod

AshenSwift

So, I was playing around with the Thunderbolt mod, and just to goof off, I built my bows around reload speed and multishot, and for a bit of extra boom, threw in fire and ice damage for the extra blast.

It's rather interesting how weak thunderbolt is now. It doesn't even go off 30% off the time, or the estimated 50% it should with multishot. 250 blast damage that scales with distance from the explosion really fades off fast, and most things have resistance against blast damage, except robotics such as rollers and moas. Here's the catch though, rollers are uncommon, and moas have very high shields, which don't get bonus damage from blast anyway.

Over all, I think this mod needs a buff, especially for how rare it is and the cost of equipping it being the same as a 90% serration mod, which is infinitely more useful.

Shame too, because it's a lot of fun watching those arrows explode.

It doesn't even go off 30% off the time, or the estimated 50% it should with multishot.

rng yo.

there are many times where ill have 5-6 explosions in a row followed by just as many that dont.

you are just a bit unlucky at times is all.

Over all, I think this mod needs a buff

indeed, though i dont think they should just stop there.

bows (same as this mod) are nothing more than a fun little toy to play around with when you are tired of using everything else.

they are not weapons that you actually bring to a fight expecting to "try" to win.

but yes, it does need a little bit of a boost.