Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Concept: Crimzon, A High Surviveability Solo Frame

ImperialUnit9

Crimzon is designed to increase the chance of survival of the user. Its abilities specialize in keeping itself alive while taking down enemies in the most violent and gory way possible. Crimzon would be the first frame to be able to swap gender, have a tail and a "mouth" ( not an actual mouth, just a place where the fangs are stored when not in use.)

Abilities:

Feed: Crimzon gets down on all fours, tackles the desired target and bites them. Dealing 50/100/200/300 damage while restoring 40/80/120/140 health.

Cost: 25 energy

Curse: Crimzon leaps on the desired target and injects them with nanobots, causing the target to mutate into a savage and destructive husk that will fight for the player for a short time. The husk can only melee and lasts for 5/10/15/20 seconds. When the ability wears off, the target mutates back into their normal form and receives a toxin DoT proc.

Cost: 50 energy

Prey: Crimzon releases a giant cloud of black smoke that blocks all incoming light, surrounding anyone inside in complete darkness. This causes enemies to get confused and sometimes attack each other by mistake, any tenno in the area would activate thermal vision see. The cloud lasts for 10/15/20/25 seconds and has a radius of 10/15/20/25 meters.

Cost: 50 energy

Carnage: Crimzon disintegrates into a cloud of razor-sharp, flying nanobots. This gives the player invulnerability and the ability to fly. The player can also send parts of the cloud to rip targets apart. Any enemies within 5 meters of the swarm will take damage. This ability lasts for 5/10/15/20 seconds and deals 150 slash damage and 150 puncture damage per second for 3 seconds.

Cost: 100 energy

Stats:

Health: 100

Shield120

Armor: 50

Speed: 1.1

Energy: 125

Lore: This was the tenno's first and last attempt at perfecting nanotechnology and creating a deeper bond between the frame and the user.And though they did, the result was quite disturbing. Using the frame for extended periods of time caused the test subjects to exhibit destructive and animalistic behavior. Some subjects also reported feeling hungry and craving raw meat. Others reported night terrors and hallucinations after using the suit. Not much is known about the project since it was abandoned after an accident where one of the test subjects managed to break free and kill all of the people in the base it was stationed in.

Edited by ImperialUnit9

• 4 weeks later...

You have the odd base-energy issue here, just like on Vulcan. Other than that, stats seem ok.

Feed: It's not a bad idea, but it might be a little on the weak side to start with. Frost's initial has fairly comparable utility and it maxes out at 350 damage. Healing is arguably more useful than the freeze, so I concur with the 300 max... but the progression is a little odd. I would recommend a more even 150/200/250/300 damage progression, with the life-steal being based on roughly 2/3 the damage (100/135/165/200).

Curse: I... really don't like it. It makes no sense. Such a change would almost certainly not be reversible, thematically. Mechanically, you gain a temporary melee ally (overpriced, underpowered Mind Control) and hurt them if they manage to live long enough to throw it off?

Prey: We have thermal vision? Why the f*** don't we use that more? Thematically, that should allow us to see enemies through walls and the like, not just through this black smoke. Mechanically, if you ignore that and make this not work like Sonar... I think this could be a good ability.

Carnage: Invincible, flying, massive AoE damage... are you determined to do it all? This is easily one of the most overpowered abilities I've seen on the forums in a while. Only Valkyr has comparable invulnerability, with her 30 seconds of hysteria. But she is limited to melee damage, is only a conditional version of invincibility (so you can still die),  and her claws result in somewhat limited mobility while attacking. Carnage is frankly... exactly the opposite. Between your 150 puncture and slash, you've even matched her damage... but in a far larger area. If I'm reading this right, you're also having the player be able to fire off little bursts of these shards to attack enemies that aren't even in the already-overpowered area--with the same damage over a 3 second period (900 total). It's too much.

You have the odd base-energy issue here, just like on Vulcan. Other than that, stats seem ok.

Feed: It's not a bad idea, but it might be a little on the weak side to start with. Frost's initial has fairly comparable utility and it maxes out at 350 damage. Healing is arguably more useful than the freeze, so I concur with the 300 max... but the progression is a little odd. I would recommend a more even 150/200/250/300 damage progression, with the life-steal being based on roughly 2/3 the damage (100/135/165/200).

Curse: I... really don't like it. It makes no sense. Such a change would almost certainly not be reversible, thematically. Mechanically, you gain a temporary melee ally (overpriced, underpowered Mind Control) and hurt them if they manage to live long enough to throw it off?

Prey: We have thermal vision? Why the f*** don't we use that more? Thematically, that should allow us to see enemies through walls and the like, not just through this black smoke. Mechanically, if you ignore that and make this not work like Sonar... I think this could be a good ability.

Carnage: Invincible, flying, massive AoE damage... are you determined to do it all? This is easily one of the most overpowered abilities I've seen on the forums in a while. Only Valkyr has comparable invulnerability, with her 30 seconds of hysteria. But she is limited to melee damage, is only a conditional version of invincibility (so you can still die),  and her claws result in somewhat limited mobility while attacking. Carnage is frankly... exactly the opposite. Between your 150 puncture and slash, you've even matched her damage... but in a far larger area. If I'm reading this right, you're also having the player be able to fire off little bursts of these shards to attack enemies that aren't even in the already-overpowered area--with the same damage over a 3 second period (900 total). It's too much.

Damn...These ideas sounded a lot better in my head.